Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

tentative8e8op posted:

hi new thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

joeburz posted:

berke or e marx can you edit the OP to include bigdogwhitegenocide.jpg plz

here it is for ref

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
i remember emarx one time posting some funny quote from hillary about how blacks should get over what happened in colonial times, instead now is the time build through private investment

wish I could find a link to it

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

the_paradigm_shift posted:

This is kind of the thread at its best. It's just zoux, star wars, and episteme clutching the rest of the way down.

no, this is thread at worst

the best is when people like paranoid randroid or sharkie do absurdist riffs on restaurants, corn or small chicagoans

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
or when we get to watch when effectronica or sft descend upon an unsuspecting garbage poster that wanders into the thread and proceed to meticulously flay their skin off

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Cool Bear posted:

post an example of that, i can do whatever that is
here's a post where I collected the results from one of randroid's sprees
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3739676&pagenumber=1489&perpage=40#post452047543

this one was more people suggesting things, starting here:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3751268&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1481#post454478504

lastly, miscegenation dog
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3751268&pagenumber=1741&perpage=40#post454889696
(i was riffing off a
previous post)

hi energy jeb
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3751268&pagenumber=1949&perpage=40#post455151809

Rodatose fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Jan 21, 2016

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

zoux posted:

99% of power point use is by idiots and lean too harders

the evolution of the tryhard caremads... meet the lean-too-harder caremad

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Ah, the faux democracy. Clever.

gave 'em the ol' chicago boys special

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
next you're going to say you were never in the rotc, you were just viewing a local recruiting center from your childhood treehouse with a pair of binoculars

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
no! really! I was on the up-and-up in the corps! I was gonna lead johnny reb to victory... see! look at these medals!

*tugs shirt forward toward viewer, and as vs does, the bottlecap commemorating honorable performance in the april 2nd playground reinactment of bull run pops off and clatters upon the ground*

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

fishmech posted:

That's the thing, without the slaveholder / ex slaveholder influence, there's no motivation to avoid Haiti anymore.
yes there was

they were an international pariah because they threatened the concept of white supremacy not just for southern planters, but for europeaners too. the idea that what they viewed as riff raff could have a revolution to overthrow an entrenched colonial elite and succeed could absolutely not be allowed to succeed, which is why international blockades against free trade were instituted against them much as cuba was blockaded a century and a half later.

nationalist colonialism and the attitudes of racial supremacy that it relied on to be seen as morally actionable had a long way to go, and most of those who were anti-slavery had a view leaning more towards "human, sure, but with conditions" than full equality, so it wasn't a cause any individual nation was willing to expend its international political capital on

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
There is no "well, let's let the haitian/chilean/cuban etc experiment play out and see if they succeed" to members of a ruling hegemony based on fragile, self-conflicting ideologies, because if some positive results show up, other people might start asking questions and next thing you know, they're out of the job and in a poorhouse, jail or ditch

people with worldviews where domination of others is a main trait cannot stand the mere existence of members of a culture that runs contrary to their assumedly unassailable status quo. or as public enemy said, "they put out my picture with silence because my identity by itself causes violence:" (a lot of this is because authoritarians and conspiracy theorists who are scared of fema camps and a coming white genocide under the Soviet Negro Republic are projecting what they'd do in the situation of their counterparts, and can't think in any other way but in the role of oppressor.)

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Hollismason posted:

We really should have won the war of 1812.
we definitely shouldn't have

it was baby's first invasion, under a staunchly republican administration (as opposed to more monarchy-sympathetic federalists) which refused to fund it through anything but private loan backing. we sent a bunch of poorly trained rednecks into a vast border expecting to win hearts and minds through a sweeping invasion we didn't have the numbers or provisions for that would have resulted in a quick victory and annexation of canada. however, the british military had actual discipline and could use the terrain to their advantage, and more importantly, the piece of poo poo invasionary forces had no discipline and so went about raiding british locals' farms and generally breeding resentment which led to the creation of a canadian national identity which didn't exist before, so where locals before wouldn't have had much problem with annexation, suddenly they resented the US.

as the years went on and private investors saw they weren't going to get a return on their loans, there was a debt crisis that threatened the existence of the US as default neared but luckily some botched attack on new orleans and general wariness of the britishof the greater napoleonic wars led them to be really bad at the negotiating table, allowing for return to pre-war borders and more importantly for the future of the US in opening up the western frontier, the british backing away from promises to protect settlements of native american allies in the western territories

with that last point I'd say, all things considered, that the US did win, since they no longer had to worry about retaliation for expansionist land grabs. (natives were portrayed of the press of that time with the language that in our day is given to terrorist insurgencies, so no longer facing an international response from the Empire meant they could go about Securing The Existence of Our Peoples through extermination without a second thought)

Rodatose fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Jan 22, 2016

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
berniebros. bernie dudes. bernlords, bern boys. A Disorderly Throng of People With Penises Who Prefer Bernard Sanders for President

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
[to redditor who has just been DESTROYED]: whoa.... pal calm down... u sound pretty bernmad... lol

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

smell this posted:

Ted Cruz is ugly and fat and know one can guess just how old he really is

he don't have a birthdate bc he was never born. he a golem summoned out of a pile of expired bologna

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Raskolnikov38 posted:

goddamnit germany are we really going to have to kick your asses again

action from the us military establishment likely wouldn't result in anything resembling a marshall plan if undertaken now. the ussr is gone as an adversary so there's no impetus to provide a social safety net in the place we wreck, since global leftism is so weak. instead expect a bunch of contractors and voucher systems.

unique historical conditions under a left-leaning administration made some good be built in the wake of wwii. nationbuilding exercises by a military steeped in neoliberalism gives us iraq, or the botched responses to disasters in haiti or new orleans

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
savings - skeletonized remains of my loyal canine companion, assorted bottlecaps w/ other flotsam, bible with family history in it, stash of acorns (stored inside rusted oldsmobile in abandoned lot)
welfare officer: you may keep one of those. make your choice wisely

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

SedanChair posted:

My sword shipped! I have a tracking number and everything.

I also bought a buckler because it was only like $30. I assert, until proven otherwise, that I will be the only dadchatter with a shield

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Berke Negri posted:

I'm very hype that nerd culture has almost completely fused with virulent white supremacy in the public mind

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/29/magazine/29wwln-idealab-t.html?_r=0

nerd culture is a rejection of popular black influences

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

pangstrom posted:

Wait, if they're antisocial, overly-practical, and indifferent/tuned-out to fashions etc. that happens to be have mostly black influences the RESULT is hyper-white but the causality/intentionality interpretation seems way off.

I don't think anyone who adopts that aesthetic goes out explicitly saying "I'm doing this because it's the white thing to do." if there's any intentionality involved, i'd guess it's on part of the type of parents who push their kids to academically succeed without much care for developing socialization skills while also knowingly sheltering them from specific influences.

after that, it's just people who were picked on owning and reshaping an identity that they fell into, unaware of the historical things that influenced their subculture

Rodatose fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jan 22, 2016

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

UberJew posted:

the gooblegrape guys who full metastasized into white supremacists like the dude with the skull who adopt cigars and fedoras b/c they hearken to an explicitly white aesthetic are definitely doing it specifically because it's the white thing to do, and are nerds

well, I mean at first, when a distinct nerd subculture was emerging.

I don't really know now. that could be the case

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

paranoid randroid posted:

They often favor Greco-Latinate words over Germanic ones (“it’s my observation” instead of “I think”), a preference that lends an air of scientific detachment.

Nationality: American Celto-Varangian

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Badger of Basra posted:

someone post the list again
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717566&pagenumber=1943&perpage=40#post446835375

e: beaten, tho you missed the thing at the top

quote:

I apologize for not introducing myself sooner, but here I am. Here's a political profile.

Rodatose fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Jan 23, 2016

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

it's great to call white people "snows"

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

paranoid randroid posted:

what the hell is that

an introduction a d&d poster here posted on an offsite webcomics forum

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

BaurusJA posted:

Yes, that thing has many things in it. Amongst those things, did he ask himself those quetions?

yes, all of that was posted apropos of nothing in somewhere where no one had posted anything like that previously

and of course they used the same name and avatar across forums so encountering them was like "oh. that guy"

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

PleasingFungus posted:

i miss homestuck. and dangan ronpa. those were the days, when this forum was filled with bright, young, optimistic new posters...

oh hey I thought I recognized your username from somewhere

hi

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

a "comic"

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

kustomkarkommando posted:

people have explained it to me and i still don't know

here's my attept an explanation:

it's some multimedia comic that uses standard comics with occasional flash animations and specially-created music. it's heavily self-referential, referential of things that happened in its fandom on social media while it was being ade, and thematically targets the middle class suburban nerd habitus (including gaming, time travel, anime swordfights, campy 80s/90s movies).

the story started as a pastiche of pc gaming where 4 kids are linked up in some sims-like game that transports you into some virtual world. over time, a bunch of new alternate/parallel universes and new main characters got introduced (including the "trolls" who are grey skinned aliens that probably eveyrone has heard of), and it became more like a soap opera for teenagers crying and dying in between anime plot twists. the plot doesn't make much sense to most people who would start trying to read it now because the guy who makes it is a bit stubborn and sticks to the insistence that "I planned all of this plot all along" when it's obviously just adding a bunch of plot twists as their gut leads them, hence why time travel and parallel universes have to be invoked as explanations. also the plot is sometimes tinkered to include things/characters that call out events or people in the fandom that they don't like. they've since settled down about doing that

it hasn't updated for a long time because of two things: 1- the author is trying to prepare some hour(?) long comic-ending animation that tries to bring all of the plot threads together. 2- there was a kickstarter for a homestuck video game which raised 2 million dollars which has run into a bunch of development difficulties (including the initial development studio running out with a bunch of money) and they don't want to end the comic before releasing the game

the comic itself isn't very good as a whole imo because it's too bulky and muddled but it's spawned/inspired a lot of artists to do offshoot works which are better. for instance, the video game undertale, made by one of the people who worked on the music for homestuck, is a separate thing which draws some influences from it, and does everything good that homestuck in a short work. on the mspa forums (since there were a few comic before homestuck, such as the shorter and better "problem sleuth" the forums are called the ms paint adventure forums) there's also a subforum for making choose-your-own-adventure type adventures, which is where some things like Kill Six Billion Demons came from.

Rodatose fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jan 23, 2016

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

good to see the scienceman come out on the side of brutal conquest

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

BaurusJA posted:

Neil...... what are you doing?

turn left neil...... nooooo
*crashes solar powered car into the western wall*

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Literally The Worst posted:

gently caress you!
"hey, i;m supperman. gonna save the day" *whooosh whoosh hwfooom* -the supperman comics writer

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
supperman usin the heat ray now. the day is a s good as saved from lex luthur

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

The Warszawa posted:

wow macklemore's new song is painful

yes

are there any lines in it better than "have you looked at youtube comments lately"

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
quit spawn camping!!!

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

nooooo zero you gotta save mega man from vile and sigma and the mavericks!!!

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
megaman x boss ideas:

CRUSH BEETLE
BLIZZ GRIZZLY
SMASH FROGMOUTH
GRUNGE ROCKSTAR
GUNSNROSES GORILLABOT

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Berke Negri posted:

i can assure you i am never going to train you in how to get laid amahd

out of the man and the dog he has, only one of them is 'trained'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Avshalom posted:

imagine the Negro Communist Alliance guerrilla group moonlighting as a travelling chicago blues band to spread communist literature in mccarthy-era america while immersed in frequent battles to the death with the ku klux klan and the cia, who've teamed up in a vain attempt to stop them

a jazz band with special instruments that unfold into high quality samurai swords, and they do a bunch of kung fu decapitations and cleaving-in-twains of the swarming hordes of attacking white devils

• Locked thread