Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
hi new thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Il Federale posted:

death to israel

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

SedanChair posted:

ahh

ahh my loving neck

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

LorrdErnie posted:

i managed to make coffee

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

not a mod anymore :twisted:
:nitecrew:

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

site posted:

Mayo's gross.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

site posted:

Good morning.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

"[img posted:

http://i.imgur.com/3rN2yDIs.jpg[/img]" post="455949784"]
you're going to like my new av then

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

also "would you hang this in your house" is a bad criterion for good painting

Guernica is a wonderful painting but I don't want that in my house. I'm also a fan of The Death of Marat and Judith Killing Holofernes, for instance, but I don't want them in my home, that's just a bit morbid.

I think morbid art perfectly sets your home's mood. Cant you just imagine Saturn hanging over your dinner table?

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

the big study of "crack babies" done in Philadelphia basically said that the effects of crack cocaine on babies were indistinguishable from the effects of poverty

http://articles.philly.com/2013-07-22/news/40709969_1_hallam-hurt-so-called-crack-babies-funded-study

:(

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

here's the actual study if you feel like reading it: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3052975/

thank you!

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Majorian posted:

The fact that Christie spent so much time and money in New Hampshire and got single digits, and now won't win the nomination and :siren:might go to jail:siren: is so sweet. So very, very sweet.
I havent been paying as much attention as I should have, do you mean his bridge scandal or something else

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

i legit do no thing anyone can credibly even imagine what a three way race between bloomberg, trump and sanders would look like

Which one of those three would be a third party candidate?

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
wow

quote:

Egyptian President Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi is facing criticism after a massive red carpet was laid over public roads for his motorcade during a trip to open a social housing project in a Cairo suburb, where he preached austerity.

A local newspaper devoted much of its front page Monday to the incident. “How is the president asking us to tighten our belts while the 4 kilometre red carpet says otherwise?” read a headline in Al-Maqal newspaper.

The military provided a rare public response to the furor over the carpet. Brig. Gen. Ehab el-Ahwagy explained on several talk shows Sunday night that the carpet was not purchased by el-Sissi’s administration and had been used for more than three years on similar occasions.

“It gives a kind of joy and assurance to the Egyptian citizen that our people and our land and our armed forces are always capable of organizing anything in a proper manner,” el-Ahwagy told prominent TV talk show host Amr Adeeb. “It is laid out in a way to beautify the general area, so it gives a good impression of the celebration that is being broadcast to the whole world.”

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
:yayclod:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mShjfZWYiVk

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Jagchosis posted:

also the ems billing manager signed an affidavit at a notary this is most certainly a conscious decision.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
:3:
:ohdear:

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
Thank you! I love these, every CSB video is in turns fascinating and terrifying

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
because of course he did

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Aeryk posted:

We're getting a trampoline today, awwwww yis

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Aeryk posted:

posting in a chat thread in a politics forum is what all the cool kids do, right?
:yayclod:

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Jagchosis posted:

just made an effort post news update for the first time in a while in the m/e thread, looking forward to no one caring
tyvm

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Disinterested posted:

mornings only suck because of work

it's all capitalism's fault, friends

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

UberJew posted:

i don't there'll be a final crisis, i think it's final dissolution will be just the conclusion of a long and slow process of irrelevance b/c for one reason or another actual authority will have devolved to localities b/c the links of commerce, communication and travel that allow it to exist cease to function

whether that's because of forced migrations/famine/massive unrest from climate change or just an instantaneous destruction of global trade b/c of nuclear war the american government will solder on in existence even as it is useless

:(

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

PleasingFungus posted:

when constantine founded constantinople as his new capital around 330 AD (four centuries after the end of the roman republic and the senate's claim to relevance), one of the original buildings for the new capital was an official Senate House. later generations were very confused by the building's name, and guessed that maybe it had been built by some guy called Senatus?
I want your post to be true

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

are we of the view that judges should not be elected?
I'd rather not have Ted Cruz voted onto to the supreme court

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

fade5 posted:

(Sinnlos if you do have an owl, pictures of it please.)

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I guess since they're very lucrative positions here, they're always the ones being talked about

sheriff (which is also tax collector in wv -- and lol get to personally keep a % of back taxes collected)

wow

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Sinnlos posted:

Its Owlbert

:3:

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

I oscillate wildly between "lol Trump" and "good god this is terrifying"

I'm totally with your second quote right now :(

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

R. Mute posted:

lol. also check out in't peace and security:

1. egypt
2. jordan
3. tanzania
4. lesotho
5. uruguay
6. togo
7. benin
8. paraguay
9. nigeria
10. ecuador

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Aurubin posted:

You know what sucks? When someone is dying in front of you. I'm having a bad night.
:sympathy:

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong