Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

*checks Twitter, notices Shaun King is trending*

Oh no, what the hell did that guy do now

*reads tweets from his supposed allies, all saying "oh no, what the hell did Shaun King do now"*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

vs just be glad nobody's blown the whistle on the fact that you're like 19 and are literally tagging along with the Clinton campaign otherwise USPol would get pretty ugly for you

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

He could just be trolling with the stupidest scenarios imaginable or artfully making GBS threads on the alt-history genre

But honestly I don't think he's that smart

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

PupsOfWar posted:

hell, i could do the krispy kreme challenge easy

Yeah the first leg sure but I doubt I could finish it with a dozen donuts sloshing around in my stomach without hurling

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Matoi Ryuko posted:

It's not difficult to run bloated. Running while you have to poo? That's difficult.

Chug coffee to wash down the donuts and make it a race with the devil

site posted:

Take a squat in someone's yard like a dog.

poo poo while running, that's how the pros do it

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Hollismason posted:

I'm glad the Broncos won it's a nice send off for Peyton, now he can climb onto a viking boat be shipped out into the ocean then set ablaze.

Marshawn Lynch beat him to it and announced his retirement via Twitter right around kickoff

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Uuuuhhhhhhh

https://twitter.com/billromanowski/status/696549533673611264

:dogbutton:

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Exclamation Marx posted:

he called the black football guy "boy"

Yup that

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

southern_california.txt

it was already mid-60s at 6 AM, and this girl wearing a wool hoodie and wool jacket and pants told me "it was cold in the morning!!" when i asked her if she was overheating now, when it's low-80s outside

Meanwhile I'm getting impatient for the eventual return of 55+ temps cause then I can run outdoors in shorts and a tshirt again

Gravel Gravy posted:

People that cover the webcam on their work/company computers weird me out

What are you doing in front of that computer that you don't want an employer to see?

Maybe if you're a barbarian that refuses to wear a shirt when working from home or something

More importantly what does your employer need to see of you that a laptop webcam can capture to begin with

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

paranoid randroid posted:

why is uspol in ycs now

It went sour

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

paranoid randroid posted:

well i could be wrong. i thought id heard they were tanking.

of course now that i look at their documents and see that theyve sent me 30 pages of poorly formatted spreadsheets instead of the forms they were supposed to, i find myself hoping they collapse explosively

Are they publicly traded on the Nasdaq because it's taking a stinky runny dump right now

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Good

I'm glad

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

the dollop is a good podcast

it's somehow refreshing to know this country has always been insane and stupid

+1

Have you listened to all of them yet? I recommend cereal men and ten cent beer night for comedy and Ferguson and the Iraq war if you want to be miserable and infuriated all day

But yeah the dollop is evidence that we've always been greedy religious maniacs

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I listened to some of the newer stuff and the older ones about baseball and philly

I'm working through more right now, The Strawhat Riots was some of the weirdest poo poo I've ever heard. No frame of reference for it whatsoever

Listen to 31-Jack Parson and 56-Newport sex scandal too, those are loving insane

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Mecca-Benghazi posted:

i saw this video a while back and have done it this way since

I saw it and realized I've been making hosed up omelettes my whole life and calling them scrambled eggs

Still do it though

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

V. Illych L. posted:

so is he going to survive this, or what

apart from this he's a pretty good speaker, and he doesn't seem, you know, completely stupid or insane

No he's completely stupid and insane, he just has a prettier coat of paint than the rest of them

I hope this sinks him because it'll make the establishment GOP rend their garments even harder

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

In other GOP news Trump flat out called Cruz a pussy on stage today, in those exact words

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

gently caress not this thread too

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/wpjenna/status/697244124177686529

Holy poo poo

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Chris Hayes called him Bernie Sandwich and that's now his new legal name

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

:nws:
"Make America Great Again", pastel pencils , 11"x14"
:nws:

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

SedanChair posted:

I uh hahahahaha

Not sure if it tops this though

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4V8iH-oQgg

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Raskolnikov38 posted:

so does al sharpton have a serious tapeworm infection or something, dude is seriously skinny

He has an insane diet, like literally just salad and toast

He weighs 129 lbs now, down from 305

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Soup du Jour posted:

well one has to exist given the amount of jokes about the concept

pretty sure fishmech has one

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Aeryk posted:

irs filed a lien on martin shkreli for 4.5 million in owed taxes

How much was that Wu Tang album again?

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

In the DOJ report there were examples of people calling the police for help only to be fined for "occupancy violations" or some such bullshit when the cops found that someone not on the lease lived in their residence, which I'd never even heard of as a thing until now

They were deliberately wringing the population dry, fining anything that moved (especially if black) for chickenshit nonsense

Some woman then told off the cops, saying that she wouldn't call them ever again even if she was being murdered

I hope the DOJ absolutely destroys Ferguson

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

joeburz posted:

holy poo poo that lee fang guy tweets every 30 seconds, im about 500000 tweets in and only at yesterday

How the gently caress do people do that

Is it coke or adderall or what

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

The only suit I own I bought 6 years and 30 lbs ago

It's a 38S and now I'm swimming in it, it looks ridiculous

Getting fit is nice but it has almost shut me out of being able to buy adult sized formal wear

spanx

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Majorian posted:

Would it? Well, it doesn't need to be a sex shop; whatever cops wouldn't want to check out too closely.

Uncle Melvin's Bow Tie and Suspenders Emporium

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

lol they put "rocks for jocks" in the top tier

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

stemlords who rank disciplines like this were absolutely miserable in undergrad and are insanely resentful of anyone who had a good time in college

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

How can you mention thieving archaeologists and not bring up the bone wars

That poo poo was nothing but outright theft, bribery and wanton destruction of priceless artifacts for money and fame

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

DaD Chat: tl;dr vaped dad's piss

maybe grover norquist will go to bat for him

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

my d&d character is named reince priebus

remove the vowels from reince priebus for a fun surprise

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Exclamation Marx posted:

← lol, and another friendly reminder that video games give you brain poisoning

Nobody should ever play more video games

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

http://m.nasdaq.com/article/bosses-harness-big-data-to-predict-which-workers-might-get-sick-20160216-01321

quote:

To determine which employees might soon get pregnant, Castlight recently launched a new product that scans insurance claims to find women who have stopped filling birth-control prescriptions, as well as women who have made fertility-related searches on Castlight's health app.

That data is matched with the woman's age, and if applicable, the ages of her children to compute the likelihood of an impending pregnancy, says Jonathan Rende, Castlight's chief research and development officer. She would then start receiving emails or in-app messages with tips for choosing an obstetrician or other prenatal care. If the algorithm guessed wrong, she could opt out of receiving similar messages.

Spinal surgery, which can cost $20,000 or more, is another area where data experts are digging in. After finding that 30% of employees who got second opinions from top-rated medical centers ended up forgoing spinal surgery, Wal-Mart tapped Castlight to identify and communicate with workers suffering from back pain.

To find them, Castlight scans insurance claims related to back pain, back imaging or physical therapy, plus pharmaceutical claims for pain medications or spinal injections. Once identified, the workers get information about measures that could delay or head off surgery, such as physical therapy or second-opinion providers

I'm sure this will never be abused

zoux posted:

Sleep study participant

From what I've heard those aren't very comfortable, good luck actually sleeping through one

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

ZenVulgarity posted:

Nothing like a good sandwich to cheer you up

https://twitter.com/billdeblasio/status/700016833680773120

Popular Thug Drink posted:

a friend of mine once said to me "PTD of everyone i know i'm confident you're the only one who could live a life of idle luxury and not go insane" and i was like, drat?

Do you work with nothing but type-a workaholics?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

lol of course

How could you walk around all day at work in essentially a bathrobe and not feel all exposed and poo poo

Like does this guy find muumuus and hospital gowns comfortable and proper work attire too

• Locked thread