Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

A schmuck like AA would close the old chat thread without having a new one ready to go. That was a dire 15 minutes right there.

drat straight, I had to converse with my coworker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Exclamation Marx posted:

duh let's make a thousand posts and get the thread closed while im at work.

gently caress you!!!

don't blame us aa could've waited 30 minutes

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Sinnlos posted:

I believe MIGF could be top poster of let free of his shackles.

Even he'd get bored just posting with himself after a few weeks

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Volkerball posted:

are we close to the part where cuck is a probatable word

Starting with this post?

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

goddamn, palestinians aim like stormtroopers

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Not off to a great start with the ideological purity achievement for this round.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I can't blame him for that!

What did it say before he edited it?

It wasn't even that bad just some stuff about sure hrc isnt all great but why go about telling conservatives it's bad
Idk why he erased it

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Volkerball posted:

did you know in order to finance $1t in infrastructure and healthcare, we'd only need to kill like the 50 richest people on earth. gently caress, that many people died in an attack on diyala yesterday and no one even noticed.

Why kill when you can just reappropriate.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Cool Bear posted:

What were the exact words of Professor Blackname when he contacted Bernie, a man who was unjustly and extremely publicly humiliated by .... you know a bunch of goofballs who did the wrong thing in possibly one of the most historically embarrassing events in all of history for maybe thousands of years, honestly. Like they couldn't interrupt a Trump rally?

Wow

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Sword of Chomsky posted:

I started reading this thread at a weird time. I think I'll come back later.

This is kind of the thread at its best. It's just zoux, star wars, and episteme clutching the rest of the way down.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

why is USPol so insanely bad to read right now

reparations making whitey go crazy.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/690017703738875904

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Clinton eats fresh jalapeños while out campaigning. Apparently she just snacks on them.

Nice.

That's awesome but no way am I believing it without receipts or video evidence that she can eat a raw jalapeño.

The Republican field would probably all be crying in fetal positions. Maybe not rubio.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Thanks this was awesome to read.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

sudo rm -rf posted:

how insufferable do you think bernbros would be if sanders actually won

or would you at point join in the mania

Fall in line and hope the country doesn't fall to Trump. At that point /pol would be unequivocally the most annoying too so.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Jagchosis posted:

also the word is pigfucker

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

KoldPT posted:

racism is good

I disagree.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Lyapunov Unstable posted:

can somebody explain the 4chan /pol/ trump frog thing to me

I still don't get it but it's a book turned into a meme called rare pepes.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

vs going for a godwin in the first couple of posts in uspol this morning, today is shaping up nicely

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Randler posted:

Slide design is something you so not care about for internal stuff unless you got nothing else to do.

I always thought that kind of poo poo went into a poorly worded memo pinned to a bulletin board atop a dozen similar ones.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Wait I just woke up, did I miss another vs reveal?

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Gravel Gravy posted:

I wish mobile had steamchat. I don't wanna go upstairs

It explains the thousand unread posts guess I'll just catch up at work.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

This is why you cultivate a reputation for being slow to respond.

I prefer nearly impossible to reach even though I tell everyone my work schedule and that it's most convenient to call me then.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Popular Thug Drink posted:

the phone has No Power over me. it has no place here. i turn it aside

so you're a Luddite, it's cool man just admit it.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

i know a guy who, on his way to join me and others for drinks and irl socializing, got lost because his phone's battery died, he no longer had a maps app, and he couldn't think of a better plan then giving up and going home

Sounds like a solid excuse to get out of it.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

he was actually mad that he missed it and i made fun of him for not asking someone for directions face to face

This sounds like a darn millenials rant just against people accepting a nearly 10 year old technological advancement.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

im not even saying you shouldn't own one

its funny that people are threatened by the idea of me being an independent man, not beholden to a phone

i do not rant. i only pity

Doesn't look like it from this end id hate to see what you consider a rant. At the very least it's obvious this stems from you raging at stupid poo poo like $300 phones but you probably should update it a little. Smart watches Google glass and hoverboards are the new hate hotness

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

The Warszawa posted:

didn't google glass get abandoned

I hope so but I thought they were just revamping the design and trying again but maybe it was a different company. The idea was recycled when I read about it in the 90s in Popular Mechanics so I doubt it's truly dead

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

ah, you think i am mad. i can only assume that this is due to a stunted social development, and poor, strained eyesight

Nah just wondering how someone who is around my age can hate on one of the best innovations of our lives so far.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Less spicy but a similar headrush

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

zoux posted:

Why don't we possess every island in our sphere? Seems like something we woulda done in the 1890s

Welcome to the 52nd state of Japan.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Exclamation Marx posted:

*cracks knuckles*

He's one of three presidents from my state, the least bad one even, and I only disagree in that he probably should've been shot before being sworn in.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

zoux posted:

im going to go way out on a limb and assume that dickeye has never had his dick pwned by someones pussy/taint/brown area

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Hahaha

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Venom Snake posted:

it's becoming harder and harder to argue in YCS because the arguments keep getting more and more weird. It's like we are in free fall in the irony pit.

ffs you had the right idea earlier and tossed it aside to pretend people were serious. it's neo lf grab some drugs, work out a consistent gimmick and :justpost:

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Il Federale posted:

oh my god shift work sucks

paradigm how do you do this every night without killing yourself

quote:

grab some drugs, work out a consistent gimmick and :justpost:

edit: less dark response

the paradigm shift fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Jan 22, 2016

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Click on it and scroll through because it is worth it.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

I haven't seen snow like this in the south in over a decade jfc

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

euphronius posted:

Schools don't mail report cards anymore it's so annoying

I'm sure they're transitioning to emailing them it'll just take several more years to securely implement.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Does lightning make it a snow storm? that was pretty weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

This is already a redic amount of snow and it's still falling like crazy. I only vaguely remember the ice storm in 94 but I feel like it's more this time.

• Locked thread