Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arzakon
Nov 24, 2002

"I hereby retire from Mafia"
Please turbo me if you catch me in a game.

asur posted:

It may be country dependent, but carrying the money on the plane shouldn't cause any sort of additional tax. Customs requires that you declare cash over a certain amount, $10k in the US and I believe the EU is 10k in euros, to prevent the movement of cash that is sourced illegally and allow them to seize it if you don't declare it. When you fill out the customs form there should be a line on it to declare cash over the limit and then an additional form that you have to fill out.

Under no circumstances would I ever travel with $100K in cash even if I had the lawyer who closed the legal transaction traveling in my lap with all the paperwork in hand. You shouldn't have any problems with an international wire between a UK and Australian bank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread