Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will the global economy implode in 2016?
We're hosed - I have stocked up on canned goods
My private security guards will shoot the paupers
We'll be good or at least coast along
I have no earthly clue
View Results

• Locked thread
MODS CURE JOKES
Nov 11, 2009

OFFICIAL SAS 90s REMEMBERER
As a transplant from the NYC-area to Buffalo, I can honestly say that the stock downturns have no real consequences to our put-putting economic engine... but that's because Buffalo has been economically depressed since the first Great Depression. :v:

In all seriousness, America will probably come out on top of this one sitting pretty. Everyone who lost their jobs and money in the last bubble haven't gone back to building in the "flood zone", as it were. I would wager to say that, save for the oil industry, Americans haven't anywhere to go but up - if only because they've already hit rock bottom. To expand on this, I see less idiots getting into sub-prime debt obligations - nobody doubles down on that poo poo just 'cause anymore. Those who have, well, they obviously can't learn from the past.

My suggestion to you, SA, is to move to a place where they're about to start manufacturing some sweet high-tech poo poo (big ups to Our Benevolent Oligarchs, Elon Musk and Terry Pegula).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MODS CURE JOKES
Nov 11, 2009

OFFICIAL SAS 90s REMEMBERER

Numlock posted:

I work in the Oil Services industry and I'm shocked I still have a job.

I'll probably be making GBS threads unicorn eggs if I still have the same job by this time next year (unless we glass the middle east or something).

And lo, a new neoconservative is born. Arabia delenda est.

• Locked thread