Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will the global economy implode in 2016?
We're hosed - I have stocked up on canned goods
My private security guards will shoot the paupers
We'll be good or at least coast along
I have no earthly clue
View Results

• Locked thread
SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

When she finds love may it always stay true.
This I beg for the second wish I made too.

Fallen Rib
With global exports contracting hard over the last months and the baltic dry index in free fall, global manufacturing really looks like poo poo. Any economists here that could shed some light on the connection between such symptoms and a possible global crash?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

When she finds love may it always stay true.
This I beg for the second wish I made too.

Fallen Rib
Reporting from the Munich housing bubble: Most of my friends (around 30, many stuck in part-time jobs or endless internships, the few engineers also working as contractors without steady employment) spend most of their pitiable income on ever-increasing rent - all while developers upgrade/build even more small high-class apartments for double-high earning childless couples in their 40s. The city governement answers with lots of hand-wringing and a toothless cap for rising rents (10% a year). Building social housing on the vast lots of city-owned ground? Why do that if you can sell it for record prices to developers!

Also fearing a Russian enonomy collaps - my company's hq's located in Russia and even with our sub-company doing well by itself, it's easily gonna get sucked into that vortex. Have I mentioned that this year I'm gonna spend most of my weekends tending to an urban garden, just in case poo poo really hits the fan? :negative:

SavageGentleman fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Feb 12, 2016

• Locked thread