Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will the global economy implode in 2016?
We're hosed - I have stocked up on canned goods
My private security guards will shoot the paupers
We'll be good or at least coast along
I have no earthly clue
View Results

• Locked thread
My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

shrike82 posted:

Nah, again I think you guys are kneejerking as Krugman did. I agree that Trump is going to be a disaster for the economy long term but there's no reason to start crying that everything is going to blow up in the next year or two - if anything, it'll give ammunition to the right if nothing happens. Stuff like privatization and tax cuts don't depress the economy in the short term and if anything, Trump seems to be of the Huey Long persuasion.

Krugman

So basically in 8 years, we'll have a recession that a democratic administration will likely be cleaning up

Is it me or does it feel like the country is circling the drain at this point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread