Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will the global economy implode in 2016?
We're hosed - I have stocked up on canned goods
My private security guards will shoot the paupers
We'll be good or at least coast along
I have no earthly clue
View Results

• Locked thread
Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

fknlo posted:

About 5 years ago when I was almost 30 I went from making $22k a year to about $120k a year over a 2 year period. You get used to that really, really quickly. There's no more "I want this but can't afford it" wishing kind of stuff. You just buy what you want. You find things to spend it on.

This doesn't stop at the $120k level either. Households making over half a million dollars a year find ways to get to the point where they "need" every dollar of income - there's always a more elite private school, always a bigger mansion/penthouse, always a more expensive country club out there. Our glorious capitalist society, in its infinite capacity for equality, assures that living paycheck-to-paycheck can be a way of life for every level of income.

EDIT: not saying that you, fknlo, or anyone else always or necessarily gets to the point of living paycheck-to-paycheck - just that a hell of a lot of people do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread