Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will the global economy implode in 2016?
We're hosed - I have stocked up on canned goods
My private security guards will shoot the paupers
We'll be good or at least coast along
I have no earthly clue
View Results

• Locked thread
Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Older millennial here. Even if I suddenly started making six figures, I've been poor so long I'd keep buying everything second hand. I just can't justify spending $50 on a pair of pants when I can buy some just as good for $5. I would love to get rid of my car if I could afford to live closer to work. I don't need anything nice or shiny to be happy.

I had been in the workforce for 6 years when the financial meltdown happened, and now I'm sitting here watching the whole thing unfold all over again. I would love to buy a house, but the one I was looking at went from $135k to $300k in two years, this being the poor side of town even. Things are even more ridiculous the closer you get to Seattle. I have no student loans, but still have been completely unable to put any money in an emergency fund let alone towards a down payment. House prices are completely disconnected from reality. I'm eagerly waiting for the day that everyone wakes up and realizes there's no one left to buy their homes. In the meantime I'm looking forward to inheriting my parent's property in 30 years or so. That'll be my only shot at home ownership once the global elite buy everything up as investments (and then let them sit empty and rot).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Re: Micro apartments, the reason people in Seattle hate them so much is because those 200 sq ft closet is going for $900+/mo. If they were actually affordable it wouldn't be an issue, but as it stands now a lot of people blame them for other rents in the area increasing.

• Locked thread