Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will the global economy implode in 2016?
We're hosed - I have stocked up on canned goods
My private security guards will shoot the paupers
We'll be good or at least coast along
I have no earthly clue
View Results

• Locked thread
Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Well, at least they're not living in cages like people do in Hong Kong. Yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

maybe they will kill the 1% finally

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Helicopter money instead of negative rates, please. Companies won't lend money from banks unless they think people will buy their products.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Democrats and Republicans are the good cop, bad cop of capitalism.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

caps on caps on caps posted:

I have some questions:
1. So I create a start-up. I hire three programmers in addition to me. Now I own only 1/4 of my idea/company? Would that not reduce my incentive to start the company ex ante?
2. What gets voted on by workers and what is managed? Does everyone get the same wage? What's keeping a dominant coalition from hoarding all profits? Is there a rule on who gets to be CEO?
3. I guess we can not have capital markets because we can not invest in companies. How do investments happen? How do companies ever grow? How do we buy that new CNC machine we need but do not have the cashflow for. Debt?
4. Isn't it terribly inefficient for everyone to have the same share no matter what capital he brings into the company? If not, how will we realistically be able to control actual work contribution?
5. Is skill taken into account or does everyone get to decide on everything? Whats keeping Trump or Le Penn type of populist from killing the company for his/her own profit?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mondragon_Corporation

Edit: Already been posted. Sorry.

Lucy Heartfilia fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Feb 26, 2017

• Locked thread