Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will the global economy implode in 2016?
We're hosed - I have stocked up on canned goods
My private security guards will shoot the paupers
We'll be good or at least coast along
I have no earthly clue
View Results

• Locked thread
e_angst
Sep 20, 2001

by exmarx

Ratoslov posted:

Good news! Digital video doesn't get grainy as it ages. :v:

True, it'll have to be filtered by the documentary makers who are trying really hard to convey "this is where it all went wrong"...

Personal perspective: I think things will be okay, but probably rough for a year or two. My stock options that have already vested are eating poo poo right now due to the current downturn, and I was really hoping to cash some of those out to pay down some stupid credit card debt that I got into last year. Basically, 2016 (and possibly 2017) will be a year of belt-tightening and paying down debts. My job's pretty secure, though, and I have enough savings to deal with a catastrophe if it comes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

e_angst
Sep 20, 2001

by exmarx

Marenghi posted:

He's living in a box in his friends living room. It's basically the same situation as sharing with a friend and sleeping on a bed in their living room.

If the box was built by a landlord and rented out to a prospective tenant then it might be a bit more indicative of the dire housing situation.

It's basically crashing on his buddy's couch, but he gets to masturbate feet away from where people eat.

e_angst
Sep 20, 2001

by exmarx

MiddleOne posted:

Kinda, the endgame of capitalism is effectively transitioning back into feudalism.

So wait, the endgame of the very system that tore down feudalism is to transition back into feudalism?

• Locked thread