Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will the global economy implode in 2016?
We're hosed - I have stocked up on canned goods
My private security guards will shoot the paupers
We'll be good or at least coast along
I have no earthly clue
View Results

• Locked thread
StabbinHobo
Oct 18, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Orange Devil posted:

Uhuh, and who controls the government?

a literal real estate developer with literally the ceo of the worlds largest corporation in his top spot

my fav thing about this last election is what a hack writer god is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StabbinHobo
Oct 18, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

caps on caps on caps posted:

I agree!
The fact that exclusively due to trade the global poverty level has decreased from 45% (people living with less than 2$ppp) to less than 5% in 35 years is not really relevant because who cares about those couple of millions brown people.
What is important is to keep the ideological Leftist imperative intact, which means that trade is bad because it smells somewhat like Capitalism and that's certainly bad because someone said it is!!!!!

This is not at all the opinion of some non-poor, sheltered Westerner who can not possibly fathom the material reality of a 40% decline in global poverty. It is not the opinion of someone who prefers outdated leftist ideology to facts and, by virtue of disconnected echo-chamber dogmatism, belongs to the groups responsible for the death of Western liberalism and leftism.
nono, not at all

I'm curious how this nets out with population growth. Like if there used to be 2 billion people in poverty, but now there's beena 40% decline, only at the same time the population doubled... so... in reality there's just as much suffering as before just less *on average*.

This is a half assed question/theory not an opinion.

• Locked thread