Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will the global economy implode in 2016?
We're hosed - I have stocked up on canned goods
My private security guards will shoot the paupers
We'll be good or at least coast along
I have no earthly clue
View Results

• Locked thread
Baxta
Feb 18, 2004

Needs More Pirate
Australian banks are over-leveraged, our mining boom is over and successive governments have stopped all attempts at renewable energy (to support the biggest political donors, the oil and coal industries). House prices are some of the least affordable in the world.

We escaped relatively unscathed after the 2008 crisis but this was due to our mining sector generating massive gains. We have nothing to buffer ourselves this time around.

A massive amount of people have something like 20 - 30% of their superannuation funds stuck in commodities which is exactly what happened last time around (although a lot of people were 100% in property last time).

In short, we will be pretty hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread