Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will the global economy implode in 2016?
We're hosed - I have stocked up on canned goods
My private security guards will shoot the paupers
We'll be good or at least coast along
I have no earthly clue
View Results

• Locked thread
Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Helsing posted:

If globalization had been implemented in the way it was sold -- with wealth redistribution mitigating the painful economic restructuring triggered by changing trade patterns -- then this backlash wouldn't be threatening the world economy right now. Unfortunately these globalizing policies were intentionally implemented in such a way as to crush the labour movement and win domestic political battles, which triggered a massive expansion in corporate power and skyrocketing economic inequality. This pathetic attempt to retrospectively justify the breaking of the social compact between labour and capital by appealing to the welfare of Chinese workers is disingenuous and just emphasises how much liberalism failed in its own self-stated goals of improving everyone's living standards. If your ideology hadn't willing allowed itself to be conscripted into a domestic battle between labour and capital then it wouldn't have discredited itself in this way and it wouldn't have prompted such a vicious backlash. It's pathetic that you're now trying to redirect blame elsewhere.

Let's say what we're all thinking. Which countries are invariably brought up as the ideals of progressive governance? Kingdoms, my friends, good and proper kingdoms. I'm not saying we didn't have a good run. In 1776, it probably even made a lot of sense. But today, it's time to call the Republican experiment quits, and once more embrace full monarchism. In fact, capitalism and communism are in fact both not-even-wrong ideologies that failed and died long ago, and we all live in their decaying ruins. Fascism doesn't need to be given the time of day, obviously. Hence, my friends, absent a method for reaching stable anarchist governance, that really only leaves one obtainable form of government, one shared by such glorious nations as Denmark, The Netherlands, Sweden, Norway and Canada.

It's up to the modern pragmatic progressive to bend a knee and subject themselves to the authority of good and proper Crown rule once again. For King and Country, comrades. :feelsgood:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

NO :mad:

• Locked thread