Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will the global economy implode in 2016?
We're hosed - I have stocked up on canned goods
My private security guards will shoot the paupers
We'll be good or at least coast along
I have no earthly clue
View Results

• Locked thread
ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

tekz posted:

So is tech collapsing now too?

Maybe. Probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

cheesetriangles posted:

Is there any reason for the US to not take advantage of super cheap debt to work on public works like modernizing airports and bridges and better telecom infrastructure other than politicians being obstructionist.

The US budget is exactly like my household budget.

I, too, have special interests ordering me to spend money I don't have on unusable military hardware instead of vegetables.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

OhFunny posted:

Indeed. Official unemployment for November was announced today to be 4.6%, but factor in underemployment and those who've stopped for work and the rate is 9.3%.

Funny how the left and right have suddenly swapped spaces, the left now pointing out U6 after defending charges of high unemployment despite low U3 and Republicans (Drudge) suddenly proudly trumpeting U3 when they used to hound Obama over U6.

• Locked thread