Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will the global economy implode in 2016?
We're hosed - I have stocked up on canned goods
My private security guards will shoot the paupers
We'll be good or at least coast along
I have no earthly clue
View Results

• Locked thread
i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Freezer posted:

Tl;dr, have your holidays in Mexico, it's dirt cheap for you gringos now.

And it's loving awesome, but it's my secret so I don't tell anyone. My most recent trip was way under-budget.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

At some point I'll eventually trade potential salary increases for time. My dream is puttering around the world on a bicycle until I die; it's something that's both cheap and cannot be accomplished at a desk.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Xae posted:

Feel free to address the point that Medicare reimburses at or below cost and shifting the entire population to it would put providers out of business instead of attempting to deflect.

Yes you idiot. Healthcare is a right and should not be for-profit. I literally want health insurance companies to go out of business. Hospitals will be fine.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Xae posted:

When you say to a Hospital "I'm going to pay you at or below cost for everything" they go out of business. No organization can sustain a deficit forever. This isn't a hard concept.

Not-for-profit entities operate at margin all the time. State-run entities may even run a deficit if it's a public good!!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Redistribution is only a band-aid for the real problem, which is power and social relations as they intertwine with economics and basic survival for millions. The higher you jack up taxes on the John Galts of the world, the more they'll bitch and undermine everyone else. Best they not existed in the first place.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Copper can be worked into a pot still, which would be incredibly valuable.

• Locked thread