Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will the global economy implode in 2016?
We're hosed - I have stocked up on canned goods
My private security guards will shoot the paupers
We'll be good or at least coast along
I have no earthly clue
View Results

• Locked thread
Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Dead Cosmonaut posted:

Plenty of countries in Europe are older than the United States (most of them are even!). A nation isn't just a party and its government.

Besides the UK which ones had remotely continuous governance?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

side_burned posted:

Is there any chance real-estate prices will see a contraction the way oil prices have? That's something I tell myself I want to see happen, but just like cheap gas I imagine there would some very undesirable consequences that would come with that.

What is even your mechanism for that to happen?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Grouchio posted:

I am surprisingly okay with this.

I'm not sure where you're coming from but no it's a bad thing and makes the world a whole lot more dangerous for everyone.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

shrike82 posted:

Trump saved 1000 Carrier jobs and created 50000 new ones through a deal with Sprint. What has Obama done?

By these metrics saved 1.2 million jobs with the auto bailout.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Freakazoid_ posted:

Would housing prices matching or exceeding their pre-mortgage crisis values be a clue in regards to economic issues? Because I'm making plans to move this year and noticed that zillow thinks all the housing in my town have done just that. It's been a bit under 10 years since then, that seems like enough time to recover, but without knowing the exact reason why they're that value, I have this feeling we're being taken on another ruse cruise.

If you want a house and you're planning on not moving for 6 or so years don't think too hard about second guessing the market.

• Locked thread