Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Like I said earlier, everyone is sarcastic around here and I was just lumping multiple similar posts together and I don't know what is and isn't too mean or not.

I'm sorry. The last thing I want is to be unfair to someone who is trying to support me, but I did and that's on me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Circutron
Apr 29, 2006
We are confident that the Islamic logic, culture, and discourse can prove their superiority in all fields over all schools of thought and theories.
Guys.

Time Bi. :colbert:

Also, do we know if Isis is going to be connected to Black Adam or not? If so, that's vaguely similar to the Hawk poo poo from S1... but it is Black Adam, so there's a lot to work with there.

Circutron fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Jul 26, 2017

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.
she puts the t in LGBTT

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Circutron posted:

Guys.

Also, do we know if Isis is going to be connected to Black Adam or not? If so, that's vaguely similar to the Hawk poo poo from S1... but it is Black Adam, so there's a lot to work with there.

From all outward accounts, no. Black Adam is bound for the DCCU, so WB has probably told Bertlanti and co "hands off" like they usually do.

See: Batman, Harley Quinn, Green Lantern, et al.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

TFRazorsaw posted:

I'm bisexual myself, it's not like I'm concern trolling here. It's a small thing but it legitimately bugs me.
:same:

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Circutron posted:

Guys.

She could have her own spin-off where she seduces everyone throughout the ages: As Time Goes Bi.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

How about Captain Sarah Lance: Chronosexual?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

That just makes her sound like she wants to bang Mick's alter ego.

8one6
May 20, 2012

TFRazorsaw posted:

That just makes her sound like she wants to bang Mick's alter ego.

The writers have forgotten about Chronos, so can you.

Edit: rereading that it comes off as super aggressive in text. Sorry about that. I meant it as a 'if they can't be bothered to remember the coolest part of Mick's backstory why the gently caress should we' kind of thing.

8one6 fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Jul 26, 2017

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Aleph Null posted:

She could have her own spin-off where she seduces everyone throughout the ages: As Time Goes Bi.

my vote for the next thread title.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TFRazorsaw posted:

I wish I knew how to read people better.

Let me help you then - whenever people want to make that title it's because the joke is that she's always doing some time shenanigans involving seducing some woman. The fact she's bi probably only adds to that since we could be seeing her seducing guys, but we're not. And that's always the punchline of her loving up in time instead of trying to blend in like the Legends should. The gag is that she's like the Time-travelling version of Pine's Kirk, but instead of green aliens she is a ship captain womanizing some random historical figure. Usually in times where that homosexual aspect would be considered anything ranging from "politically incorrect" to "let's burn the witch" as we've seen, and sometimes she passes on a serious message like when she tells one of her partners she should accept herself and not be ashamed of her desires. Ultimately we see how different time periods treat homosexuality (really lovely and repressively), so that's kinda the point. She's a Regular Bi, but she is the Time Lesbian.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Jul 26, 2017

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

8one6 posted:

The writers have forgotten about Chronos, so can you.

Edit: rereading that it comes off as super aggressive in text. Sorry about that. I meant it as a 'if they can't be bothered to remember the coolest part of Mick's backstory why the gently caress should we' kind of thing.

Isn't that why he spends so much time drunk? He's trying to forget the time he spent as Chronos.

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.
It would be amazing if after all the time lesbianism she was up to that she went back to her time and everyone was like yeah we are all lesbians now and she would be like I'm bi

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

howe_sam posted:

Isn't that why he spends so much time drunk? He's trying to forget the time he spent as Chronos.

Mick's actor, if not also Mick the character, has said that part of why he's spent most of season 2 drunk off his rear end or actively working on getting there is because it suppresses his memories of being Chronos, yes. Season 2 also suggested it's part of him putting up the drunk, idiotic oaf persona so the others don't bug him or try to get close/be friends.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Grodd.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Please tell me we're getting another version of the Legion of Doom this season!

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
It seems like we're get a more magical orientated LOD, with Damien and Amaya's other granddaughter (Mari's sister from the CW Seed animated show) involved.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It makes me sad that each season they clearly cast a substitute for the fact that they can't get Megalyn Echikunwoke to commit to a full schedule.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Yeah it sucks a lot, but we wouldn't have gotten Amaya if not for her bad scheduling so I don't mind so much.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

The producers have come out saying they're trying extremely hard to get Constantine on the show for the new season to be majorly featured.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

GreenNight posted:

The producers have come out saying they're trying extremely hard to get Constantine on the show for the new season to be majorly featured.

Any idea what the issue is? Matt Ryan always seems to have a lot of fun in the role. Is it DC being dicks again with what characters they're aloud?

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

hangedman1984 posted:

Any idea what the issue is? Matt Ryan always seems to have a lot of fun in the role. Is it DC being dicks again with what characters they're aloud?
It's not DC, but NBC. They may not be doing anything with the property, but they still have some say in how Constantine is depicted on TV outside their network. CW had to broker a deal with them to just get him to appear on Arrow and then his own animated short on CW Seed.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
And if there's one corporate entity that knows how to gently caress up a sure bet even worse than Warner Brothers, it's NBC Universal, so good luck on that one, folks!

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

lotus circle posted:

his own animated short on CW Seed.

Did this actually get made?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Aleph Null posted:

Did this actually get made?

Not yet...? I can't tell because we don't have access to CW Seed in Canada. It was announced back in January so I'm guessing it'll premiere in the fall along with season 3 of Vixen. WB's been surprisingly committed to Matt Ryan's Constantine regardless of how much of a struggle it is to actually get him on screen at all, so there's hope yet.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I just checked CW Seed and apparently not.

But there are a bunch of animated Justice League movies and a trailer for a Freedom Fighters show with Ray, Black Condor, and Red Tornado.

Sadly every time i try to play it the app crashes.

edit: HOLY poo poo! The Ray series is set on Planet X where the Nazis won where he leads a team of heroes against the SS Oliver, Barry, and Kara!

I don't know why I'm this excited by a dumb cartoon but I can't believe that even on a dumb web thing they made the stars of their three series Nazis.

GO TO PLANET X, Legends!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugDHT-A5CGw

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Aug 5, 2017

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

nine-gear crow posted:

Not yet...? I can't tell because we don't have access to CW Seed in Canada. It was announced back in January so I'm guessing it'll premiere in the fall along with season 3 of Vixen. WB's been surprisingly committed to Matt Ryan's Constantine regardless of how much of a struggle it is to actually get him on screen at all, so there's hope yet.
He himself really loves the role and fans love him in it. Movies are easier because WB just distributes those themselves, but for anything TV they need to go through NBC because they technically still own rights.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Matt Ryan as John Constantine is such perfect casting and god drat it they better make this happen because we loving deserve it.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

I got finished with season 2 a few days ago and I'm looking forward to more Time Schmucks. My appreciation for the show and the dude who plays Cold went up 10x as soon as they got compared to 60's Batman.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

STAC Goat posted:

I just checked CW Seed and apparently not.

But there are a bunch of animated Justice League movies and a trailer for a Freedom Fighters show with Ray, Black Condor, and Red Tornado.

Sadly every time i try to play it the app crashes.

edit: HOLY poo poo! The Ray series is set on Planet X where the Nazis won where he leads a team of heroes against the SS Oliver, Barry, and Kara!

I don't know why I'm this excited by a dumb cartoon but I can't believe that even on a dumb web thing they made the stars of their three series Nazis.

GO TO PLANET X, Legends!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugDHT-A5CGw

lmao I thought you were exaggerating and it'd be iron cross """""nazis""""" who look the part but in a nah-nah-i'm-not-touching-you kinda way....

frame 1:stare::

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I was expecting some random symbols too and then there's a Flash and Supergirl with SS bolts on their chests.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Aug 6, 2017

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Looks like we're getting some ancient Roman stuff as Simon Merrells has been cast as Julius Caesar. Probably best known in America for playing Crassus on Spartacus.

Kilson
Jan 16, 2003

I EAT LITTLE CHILDREN FOR BREAKFAST !!11!!1!!!!111!

muscles like this! posted:

Looks like we're getting some ancient Roman stuff as Simon Merrells has been cast as Julius Caesar. Probably best known in America for playing Crassus on Spartacus.

That's awesome. I loved his Crassus.

But I can't help but think they should've gotten Todd Lasance (Caesar from Spartacus) instead. :swoon:

Pizdec
Dec 10, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

I was expecting some random symbols too and then there's a Flash and Supergirl with SS bolts on their chests.

God damnit I really want to like this, but I hate the in-house DC animation style that started with Young Justice and seems to have infected all of their stuff.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Yeah I wish they would allow themselves a little more variety. JL: Action has a much more cartoonier style and it looks great.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pizdec posted:

God damnit I really want to like this, but I hate the in-house DC animation style that started with Young Justice and seems to have infected all of their stuff.

I enjoy the character designs but it'd be better if they could make then simpler so they could animate higher than 12fps

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Not really a big surprise but they've confirmed Snart is back again this season but will be a different take on the character. They haven't exactly clarified what that means yet.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Kilson posted:

That's awesome. I loved his Crassus.

But I can't help but think they should've gotten Todd Lasance (Caesar from Spartacus) instead. :swoon:

He played The Rival at the beginning of S3. What we really need is Gannicus.

Kilson
Jan 16, 2003

I EAT LITTLE CHILDREN FOR BREAKFAST !!11!!1!!!!111!

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

He played The Rival at the beginning of S3. What we really need is Gannicus.

Oh right. I forgot because he was on screen for all of like 5 minutes. :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
One thing I love about the arrowverse is how its main casting pool is Spartacus. Where is John Hannah?

• Locked thread