Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

Maxwell Lord posted:

Is it? I'm still trying to decide.
You don't stare deeply into your mother's eyes and declare that she's beautiful? Strange.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Maxwell Lord posted:

IT IS THE SEVENTIES!

You can tell by the sepia filter and the greatest hits of the '70s blaring everywhere they go!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Fight scene set to Captain and Tennille. Okay, show, you have my attention.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

I am ok with Sarah, Snart, and Heatwave getting into bar fights through time.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Mooseontheloose posted:

Fightin' Round the Space Time Continuum

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Mooseontheloose posted:

Yeah, as long as this show winds up being the dumb, entertaining alternative to all the sulking and brooding in Flash and Arrow it's all right with me.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Maxwell Lord posted:

Fightin' Round the Space Time Continuum

Causing and solving problems one punch at a time.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
"Chronos", is that a guy from the comics?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

C'mon CW you got to hide the FX mortars better.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Wait why DID Hunter split up the two people who need to be together to use their superpowers?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

This part is amazing.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Maxwell Lord posted:

Wait why DID Hunter split up the two people who need to be together to use their superpowers?

There wasn't supposed to be someone attacking them?

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Congrats, you get a harsh lesson in temporal mechanics! Your son died because you insisted on dragging him along because you wanted to interfere with time because you insisted on trying to save him from dying because he was destined to die because you insisted on trying to save him from dying.

:toot:

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I think I would like this show more if it was just Rip

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

Mooseontheloose posted:

Doesn't even need time travel, just these three together is great.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Commercial talk: I'm hoping the Deadpool movie is like the Deadpool traveling through dimensions with his zombie dimension Deadpool zombie head.

But it won't be.:saddowns:

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

raditts posted:

Yeah, as long as this show winds up being the dumb, entertaining alternative to all the sulking and brooding in Flash and Arrow it's all right with me.

yeah this too

I want 0% angst and 100% dudes getting roofied and 70s barfights

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Wait if Palmer needed to get his suit from the ship, how did the Hawks get into their suits? Did we miss a transformation sequence?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

hahaha, everyone beating Rory down owns

e: ahaha them all being chosen because they are worthless also owns

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
I could go for "Let's pummel Rip Hunter" show

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

drat, Roy Palmer with the Smackdown.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Oof.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
I'm pretty happy they managed to hide this twist and hyped up the cover story so much.

That and even Stein wanting to murder the gently caress out of him for it.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
I have a theory that all the good writing staff jumps ship from show to show so them going from S2 Arrow-> S1 Flash-> S1 Legends makes absolute sense in how fun this is so far.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

as someone more patient than me predicted the show got a lot better when we got done with exposition and got to the 70s, basically

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

I like the meta-ness of them having to work with the most D-string characters that have no impact on the timeline.

I really like the dynamic of these mofos.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

oh poo poo Vandal Savage has a Homefill

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

I approve and will probably watch this the whole way through.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
I'm curious how they plan to go from week to week. Are they just going to randomly pop in on Savage's timeline or do they have an actual plan to destroy him once and for all?

Fixing the OP (and title :doh:) now

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

BrianWilly posted:

I like the meta-ness of them having to work with the most D-string characters that have no impact on the timeline.

I really like the dynamic of these mofos.

Agreed, a bunch of misfits that don't really like each-other stuck on a ship together is always a good recipe.

At first I thought the roofie was dumb, but then I considered that drugging one of your "teammates" and forcing them to come along on the mission is a super fun awesome move right out of the playbook of something like Farscape and in that context this is a great show.

XboxPants fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jan 22, 2016

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

XboxPants posted:

"Chronos", is that a guy from the comics?

Yeah. It's one of those jobs where they take the name from the comics and change everything else.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
With such a great ensemble cast there's a lot of potential for some really good character interactions. We already got a taste of that with that barfight scene. I'm really looking forward to seeing where this goes.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
This was definitely the most fun the Arrowverse has been this season. The fact that this is a reduced episode count anthology series has me even more optimistic going forward.

VBane
Oct 31, 2011
Honestly, how was Biker dude's responce to Sarah not "Can I watch?"

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

VBane posted:

Honestly, how was Biker dude's responce to Sarah not "Can I watch?"

Speaking of, Caity Lotz's acting has improved tremendously from her debut on Arrow. Her lack of any range or emoting ability whatsoever was a consistent complaint early on, but instead of just staying mediocre she's actually sharpened her craft! Good on her, and good for us.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

XboxPants posted:

Speaking of, Caity Lotz's acting has improved tremendously from her debut on Arrow. Her lack of any range or emoting ability whatsoever was a consistent complaint early on, but instead of just staying mediocre she's actually sharpened her craft! Good on her, and good for us.

They're definitely using The Pit as an excuse to give her a personality. That helps.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Goddamn that was a fun debut. They had a lot of exposition to cram in, but once everything was laid out, the dynamics between team members were great. I would be totally fine if every episode is the brains of the team trying to get Savage while Sarah, Snart, and Rory just wander through time finding trouble.

Ray thinking that all his work was for nothing and then being told straight up that he is not important to time was pretty sad.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There was also the fact that Ray studied under Stein and Stein didn't remember him at all.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Soothing Vapors posted:

e: ahaha them all being chosen because they are worthless also owns

the best reveal lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Man it is astonishing how Arthur Darvill blows everyone out with his acting. Rip only just debuted this episode and he's already my favorite new character in the DC-CWverse.

Also hoping the show's direction means less CW drama bullshit will come into play because it'll be more action based.

• Locked thread