Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

raditts posted:

Only if they get the Arnold brothers back together to play them in live action. I'd settle for just the Savage brothers if they can't swing that.

What happened to their feet?

It's the Liefeldian school of art at work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

enraged_camel posted:

:confused:

Stealing a nuke from a Soviet convoy with the intention of setting it off and starting a world war isn't a threat?

Its threatening, I guess, but not when you're up against Firestorm, Atom, and the rest of the team. A guy with throwing knives is simply not credible as dangerous to an entire team of superheroes.

I had the same feeling last episode - ok, I guess this Chronos guy is dangerous to Jackson by himself, but then the rest of the squad came and knocked him on his rear end with fireballs...and then they ran away?? Its a half-dozen superheroes against one guy, they could have easily tied him up and took him for questioning, but I guess body armor and a spacerifle are too much for them to handle? If I'm going to get invested in this show, they have to raise the stakes a bit or its just the adventures of the most cowardly and inept superteam ever.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Guy A. Person posted:

"You're a hero now, set that flamethrower to 'stun'."

Rip had a throwaway line about having altered the guns when they all woke up on the roof.

HERAK
Dec 1, 2004

TheCenturion posted:

Rip had a throwaway line about having altered the guns when they all woke up on the roof.

That was so they wouldn't immediately shoot him for stunning and abducting them, Prof Stein was just following his example.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Phenotype posted:

Its threatening, I guess, but not when you're up against Firestorm, Atom, and the rest of the team. A guy with throwing knives is simply not credible as dangerous to an entire team of superheroes.

I had the same feeling last episode - ok, I guess this Chronos guy is dangerous to Jackson by himself, but then the rest of the squad came and knocked him on his rear end with fireballs...and then they ran away?? Its a half-dozen superheroes against one guy, they could have easily tied him up and took him for questioning, but I guess body armor and a spacerifle are too much for them to handle? If I'm going to get invested in this show, they have to raise the stakes a bit or its just the adventures of the most cowardly and inept superteam ever.

Our superhero team aren't all the strong, and I'm guessing that while they may temporarily subdue Chronos, a bounty hunter with the ability to track people through time probably has a lot more tricks up their sleeves.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
When do they travel back in time to foil Vandal's WWII plans?

Or are they just gonna let B.J. from wolfenstein take care of that?

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

HERAK posted:

That was so they wouldn't immediately shoot him for stunning and abducting them, Prof Stein was just following his example.

:shrug: And presumably so they're not killing random people up and down the timestream, stepping on random butterflies?

And can we please go back to the part where the doddering old professor, who along side his old-timey casual racism probably also engages in old-timey casual sexism, has date-rape-ade stocked and ready to go in his office? And obviously a lot of practice in slipping it to people on the dl?

Oh, and if as the series progresses, and White Canary becomes more and more heroic, her outfit becomes whiter and brighter, some film school graduate's getting smacked upside the head, I tell you whut.

And am I the only person who thought it odd that Snart would happily wade into a bar brawl? His buddy, hell yes. But Snart? I thought maybe he'd lurk on the outside, bean a guy over the head with a beer bottle here and there, but not just wade in with both fists.

TheCenturion fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Jan 26, 2016

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

TheCenturion posted:

And am I the only person who thought it odd that Snart would happily wade into a bar brawl? His buddy, hell yes. But Snart? I thought maybe he'd lurk on the outside, bean a guy over the head with a beer bottle here and there, but not just wade in with both fists.

Nah, Snart may pride himself on his professionalism as a thief, but he still loves to throw down if the chance comes along.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

TheCenturion posted:

And can we please go back to the part where the doddering old professor, who along side his old-timey casual racism probably also engages in old-timey casual sexism, has date-rape-ade stocked and ready to go in his office? And obviously a lot of practice in slipping it to people on the dl?
This is just standard college professor protocol.

For example, remember the scene in Ghostbusters where (recently fired) Dr. Venkman showed up for a date with Dana, to find she's possessed? They talk a bit, then he calls his co-workers to tell them that he's just knocked her out with a massive dose of thorazine. (about a third of a quart of it) There's no indication that he left her apartment before doing that, so apparently he just brings that sort of thing on dates with him.

His co-workers, having similar backgrounds, never questioned him on that. Because they know how it goes. If you were to ask Professor Stein about that scene, he'd just say "Yes, and?"

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Klaus88 posted:

When do they travel back in time to foil Vandal's WWII plans?

Or are they just gonna let B.J. from wolfenstein take care of that?

Nah, the Justice League has/had that covered

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

TheCenturion posted:

Oh, and if as the series progresses, and White Canary becomes more and more heroic, her outfit becomes whiter and brighter, some film school graduate's getting smacked upside the head, I tell you whut.

Nobody complains when it went in reverse for Luke Skywalker

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I wouldn't be complaining if it happened here. It's corny, but I think it'd be kind of nice regardless and don't see why someone would have a major problem with it.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Came for more Prison Break brothers, stayed for Timelord Rory.

Is the implication of the scene in the 70s that the hawks had a kid, got killed, got reincarnated, and when they regained their memories never went and looked up their son to be like "hey man sorry about that what a bummer right? Well we're here now we'd love to be a part of your life", because it looked like he was seeing them for the first time again.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Tom Tucker posted:

Came for more Prison Break brothers, stayed for Timelord Rory.

Is the implication of the scene in the 70s that the hawks had a kid, got killed, got reincarnated, and when they regained their memories never went and looked up their son to be like "hey man sorry about that what a bummer right? Well we're here now we'd love to be a part of your life", because it looked like he was seeing them for the first time again.

We don't know how long the resurrection cycle takes. It's possible that they didn't reincarnate again during his lifetime.

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

It's also been established that their memories tend to return in bits, and they don't necessarily recognize things until they run into them. I'm only 27, but there's plenty of stuff that I technically have in my memory that I can't really recall unless I sit and think about it. Extrapolate that to a 4,000 year lifespan with holes every 30 years or so due to getting shanked by a magic man and I can see forgetting about a child here and there.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Soylent Pudding posted:

We don't know how long the resurrection cycle takes. It's possible that they didn't reincarnate again during his lifetime.

Also, you don't know if they find each other or recall their memories every time they *do* resurrect. Maybe when 1925 Cheyara resurrected, she got polio at age 10 and died. And 1925 Kufu never found her and wound up dying at the Battle of Midway.

Do we know if Kufu always recalls his past memories, or just sometimes? It sounds like Kendra could've gone her entire natural life and never remembered any of it, had Carter not shown up.

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Xealot posted:

Do we know if Kufu always recalls his past memories, or just sometimes?

In the arrow/flash crossover, Kufu mentioned that every incarnation has been different in who remembers first. There doesn't seem to be a definite process to their recollection, just that they usually do and whoever does first seeks the other out.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

From reading a lot of Justice Society books, Khufu almost always finds his way to Shayera over time.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
If either of them were really clever, they'd prepare trusts or caches or something for themselves when they revive, all across the world since they're quasi-immortal. That way they too could build up an arsenal when they inevitably come up against Savage and don't have to start from essentially zero in terms of everything but fighting ability.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Xelkelvos posted:

If either of them were really clever, they'd prepare trusts or caches or something for themselves when they revive, all across the world since they're quasi-immortal. That way they too could build up an arsenal when they inevitably come up against Savage and don't have to start from essentially zero in terms of everything but fighting ability.

it's less about them being clever and more about the quality of writers in the multishow stable.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
I really honestly tried to go into this show without reacting to Arthur Darvill as Rory from Who.

But the pilot was so damned Who.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Binary Badger posted:

From reading a lot of Justice Society books, Khufu almost always finds his way to Shayera over time.

Yea, I've never seen an incarnation of the Hawkpeople that Carter wasn't the driver of it.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
So is the thread title ever going to get fixed?

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Whizbang posted:

So is the thread title ever going to get fixed?

Never do today what you can put off... to Tomorrow.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
Did anyone else have a double-take moment when the AI was revealed to be Gideon? Is it supposed to be THE Gideon? That Flash made, and Eobarde Thawne stole and carried around?

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

WarLocke posted:

Did anyone else have a double-take moment when the AI was revealed to be Gideon? Is it supposed to be THE Gideon? That Flash made, and Eobarde Thawne stole and carried around?

I think the going theory is that Gideon is just the future equivalent of Siri, but we'll see. Surprised Professor Stein didn't comment on it, though, as wasn't he present for Barry's discovery of Eobard's secret Future Room at Star Labs?

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Kesper North posted:

I think the going theory is that Gideon is just the future equivalent of Siri, but we'll see. Surprised Professor Stein didn't comment on it, though, as wasn't he present for Barry's discovery of Eobard's secret Future Room at Star Labs?
He left after episode 14 with Ronnie and didn't come back until the finale. They obviously told him about Thawne but only Barry, Cisco and Caitlin know about Gideon.

losonti tokash
Oct 29, 2007

I'm so pretty, oh so pretty.
Doesn't seem that weird that after Thawne was erased from existence that Gideon would find its way back into the hands of good(?) guys.

Wait a second, wouldn't the Time Masters have some serious problems with basically everything RF did in season 1?

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

lotus circle posted:

He left after episode 14 with Ronnie and didn't come back until the finale. They obviously told him about Thawne but only Barry, Cisco and Caitlin know about Gideon.

Ahh, thanks.

Well, either it's just a "Siri" thing, or it's setting up the first Flash crossover, which... probably the latter, actually.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

losonti tokash posted:

Doesn't seem that weird that after Thawne was erased from existence that Gideon would find its way back into the hands of good(?) guys.

Wait a second, wouldn't the Time Masters have some serious problems with basically everything RF did in season 1?

Didn't they say Flash made it and Reverse Flash stole it?

Yes they would but they seem like they just enjoy sitting on their asses.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

losonti tokash posted:

Thawne mentioned Rip and had familiarity with his time travel technology. Hell, Eobard probably was a Time Master, either that or was using a bunch of stolen Time Master tech or something.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
You'd figure they would have sent Chronos the Time Fett after RF once he started murdering people's parents and absorbing super important scientists bodies.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

McSpankWich posted:

You'd figure they would have sent Chronos the Time Fett after RF once he started murdering people's parents and absorbing super important scientists bodies.

But he made sure that events happened in the general way that they should have.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

losonti tokash posted:

If the Time Masters don't have an issue with an immortal dictator conquering Earth, then I guess they wouldn't have an issue with some rear end in a top hat with speed powers rewriting time and causing a singularity.

Honestly I question how much Rip would care if his wife and son weren't directly murdered by Savage.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

lotus circle posted:

If the Time Masters don't have an issue with an immortal dictator conquering Earth, then I guess they wouldn't have an issue with some rear end in a top hat with speed powers rewriting time and causing a singularity.

Honestly I question how much Rip would care if his wife and son weren't directly murdered by Savage.

Not one bit considering he didn't care by all the war and terror that led up to that point.

Crunk Abortion
Mar 5, 2009

Young based lord and I look like JESUS
Am I the only one that's annoyed by the new Gideon voice? I'm glad Morena Baccarin's keeping herself in steady work, but it's not the same. The new voice is grating.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
This show is so loving weird, they threw Arthur Darvill in a Doctor cosplay (which was part of Rory's background in DW funnily enough) and now he's leading history's D-listers in a crusader against Super-Hitler. I mean, I suppose they had to do something with that swelling beer gut of spandex types they have running around (not having watched Arrow beyond like the first three episodes and the Flash crossovers, the whole thing with the Lances is striking me as even weirder than Stein being a pro date rapist or the eternally cringeworthy Hawkship now with Hawkbaby).

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I'm betting there was no penetration or or any sort of sexual violation. He's not a date rapist. He's a kidnapper. Given how fast acting those drugs were and what they did they weren't roofies.

You tumblr people...

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Drifter posted:

I'm betting there was no penetration or or any sort of sexual violation. He's not a date rapist. He's a kidnapper. Given how fast acting those drugs were and what they did they weren't roofies.

You tumblr people...

No, Stein has definitely been inside him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Whizbang posted:

No, Stein has definitely been inside him.
Haha.

It's only due to the kid's natural athleticism that he could fit in there.

• Locked thread