Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ubachung
Jul 30, 2006
I have pretty low expectations of comic book shows. I intentionally set the bar low, suspend my disbelief, turn off my critical thinking. But this poo poo is getting dire. Hawkgirl refusing to kill Savage is one of the most stupid, contrived plot points I've ever seen on TV. I could probably buy it if Savage was able to erase Hawkman permanently but he wasn't even threatening his life, just his memories. They've done a great job reinforcing how stupid Hawkgirl is and the fact that her relationship with Hawkman is a huge liability likely to get them all killed.

At this point Rip should probably just write off the current Hawkgirl and go find a more useful incarnation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ubachung
Jul 30, 2006

Phenotype posted:

Are...are you guys just not playing Hearthstone or something when they do the Carter flashbacks or whatever? You don't have to pay attention when they do that, you just have to understand that they need to chillax and recuperate, so they're going to the wild wild west to have some cool gun battles with old-timey gunslingers.

e: I mean, did you really think Savage wasn't eventually getting out of that cell? You knew he was gonna goad someone into letting him out from the very start, and you knew it was gonna be for some dumb reason, because there's no reason to let him out of the cell in the first place.

It sounds like you're defending the show, but 'just skip parts' and 'of course it's predictable' don't really seem like great arguments.

It would have been so easy to write Savage's escape in a way that made sense: Carter makes googly eyes at Kendra, she releases him, he releases Savage. We know that Carter is Kendra's greatest weakness so at least it would have been consistent and plausible. Moreso than what we got anyway.

Edit: Unless the writers actually want Savage to be the most sympathetic character, they are seriously loving this up.

ubachung fucked around with this message at 23:12 on May 6, 2016

ubachung
Jul 30, 2006

Longbaugh01 posted:

The show is stupid fun. Ascribing or expecting any value to it higher than that is a mistake.

I don't think anyone is expecting more than this. The problem is 'stupid fun' works best when the characters are the fun part and the situations they encounter are stupid or absurd. We're getting the exact opposite of this.

ubachung
Jul 30, 2006
Was it my imagination or did Mick's accent slip a bit during his intro?

• Locked thread