Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

M_Gargantua posted:

The future "Weapon" Holographicly camouflages itself to be period relevant because its true form would cause you to go mad.

Did it get stuck on revolver after he spent a few weeks in the West getting drunk and shooting the poo poo with Jonah Hex?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I'm kind of hoping that's just the lie he fed Mick to get him to come along to be honest, because it doesn't really gel well with his motivations of wanting to beat the system and pull off difficult heists and so on but it does line up well with Heatwave's motivations, since he just wants things as easy as possible. It makes more sense that Cold would want to pull heists off despite being surrounded by heroes and under the watch of a time lord than that he'd want to do them when things were simpler and offered less challenge.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Let's just call her Titty Hawk. And the guy can be Dick Hawk.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Narcissus1916 posted:

My favorite part was when Hawkman said "i'm going to beat the poo poo out of you so you'll agree to my demands". Yeah, that's a surefire way to make me like your character.

I think I might be alone in not being bothered about that scene. It appears to have been meant to establish that they're both physical people who like to fight and have confidence in their skill at it, Hawk-girl as well as Hawk-man. She agreed to it and obviously favored her chances to say she did so. We don't see Hawkman grab her from behind when she wasn't expecting it and then beating her senseless or anything. It was a mutual thing, and I'm fine with that. I found the actual footage of the two of them flying at each other worse, just because it was so awkward looking.

On the whole though, I was far more bothered by the idea that a metahuman like Firestorm, who in the context of this show has to be the second most powerful metahuman on Earth at this time, if not the most powerful could somehow be so worthless a hero that he's barely remembered historically. I think Ray being that unimportant is somewhat stretching things too given not just his powers, but his intellect, money, charisma and drive. I cannot see him just remaining an unknown hero in that setting with all that going for him unless he dies again sometime in the next few weeks without Rip coming to collect him. The rest I can see all remaining unknown and unimportant, because for various reasons all of them have a desire to hide themselves away from the spotlight. Heatwave and Captain Cold are just small time crooks at the end of the day, Sarah just wants to deal with her own poo poo, not be a hero and the Hawks are looking to hide from Savage and have been for a long time. Firestorm and Atom though? Just not buying it.

Oh, and Savage is a severely underwhelming villain and I don't really see that changing, so I hope Chronos gets more screentime and personality to beef up the show's villain roster or something.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I wouldn't be complaining if it happened here. It's corny, but I think it'd be kind of nice regardless and don't see why someone would have a major problem with it.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Whizbang posted:

They should've made Hawkman the villain because everyone in the audience hates him and doesn't care about immortal murder hobo Vandal Savage.

Well, immortal murder hobo Vandal Savage also has a creepy fixation on Shayera and isn't really doing a great job on the acting front so now that Hawkman's dead you're basically already getting your wish since Vandal's character is already fulfilling every criteria Hawkman did. Which is honestly even worse in his case, because it just makes him look kind of pathetic that even after 4, 000 years he can't get over rejection and still pines after her. His character isn't that threatening or interesting as is, but adding that in to the mix just underscores the rest and I don't think I'll ever be able to take him seriously because of it. Tying his immortality to the Hawks was a terrible idea.

enraged_camel posted:

The Hawks already knew that:

a) the dagger needs to be wielded "in conjunction with an incantation inscribed on it", and
b) only the priest sect spoke that language

So it's actually pretty obvious that only Kendra can kill Savage. The hawks were just too dumb to figure it out.

I was wondering why Carter even took the dagger because it was so obvious that Kendra should be the one doing it. The worst part is that after they gently caress up, no-one tells Rip that only she can kill him using it since it's her dagger but he still knows it and tells everyone else as the reason that they need to save Shayera. So while it's possible he was listening on comms to pick up that information it certainly doesn't come off that way - it just comes off that he knew that vital piece of information and never bothered to correct the Hawks when he saw Carter taking the dagger.

tsob fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jan 30, 2016

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I'm assuming with the crossover's mention that he's always the first to realize his nature and always finds her combined with the fact she took so long a while to come around to him and survived his death for once will mean that yea, they'll play up the reverse angle they've had so far and that Kendra will be the creepy one on about destiny and trying to make him remember everything. Which is actually kind of interesting in that it'll at least give them each more range to reach for.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

raditts posted:

Dominic Purcell is too. But between this show / Flash and that one yogurt commercial, I wonder how much he is actually acting as opposed to just being himself.

I remember him being pretty good and much more subdued in John Doe, but it's been ten years or so since I saw that so I could just be remembering his performance there badly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

enraged_camel posted:

But he's a master manipulator who incited the most devastating wars and massacres in history, which basically means he is responsible for more death and destruction than 99% of DC villains.

Putting aside that Vandal Savage caught Ollie's arrows the first time he saw him I'm pretty sure the above isn't true. Even if it is true though, it's kind of worthless if we never actually see him manipulate nations in to a war that the heroes can't stop because then it's just background and not something the audience has any emotional investment in at that point. I also don't buy Savage as any kind of master manipulator since he's been killed once already by our heroes and would have been killed a second time if they had any brains between them. Being a manipulator doesn't mean much if your plans only come off because the people you're facing are absolute morons. It doesn't make the villain look dangerously smart, it makes the heroes look dangerously incompetent.

• Locked thread