Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

Hold on one second?! If he has a laser gun, why does it look like a revolver??? Why would a laser gun look like a revolver?????????

Because it's fashionable in his time period to make stuff look retro?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

I dont know posted:

While the hawk's acting isn't doing them any favors (hawkman in particular is wooden as a tree), I don't think any actors or actresses could make the material work. In addition to the weird arranged marriage storyline, their backstory is convulsed as gently caress, but because they have the biggest connection to the main villain they are likely stuck trying to do any emotional heavy lifting the show needs. Just look at the premier, "Here is your son whom you have no memory of at all. In about 4 minutes of screen time we will be at his death scene. Good luck creating a believable bond in that time so that the audience cares if he dies.

Michael Shanks did a good job in smallville. His hawkman was far better.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Andrew_1985 posted:

Meanwhile, Hawkman was creepy AF, but I have to admit he was kinda hot without a shirt.

If this is the reasoning for including a character then they should just make pied piper a regular, it would be much better than Hawkman.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Sober posted:

Forever had a better immortal villain. And this is a show on ABC that got canceled after 22 episodes.

Forever was amazing.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

adhuin posted:

Not to mention that he blew up the Central City. He was not exactly a pushover in the crossover.

Exactly. Everyone glosses over the fact that Barry was only able to beat him by save scumming.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Soothing Vapors posted:

Also Kammat you rat gently caress is the title of this thread ever getting fixed? I am triggered so hard every time I see it :mad:

It's a show about superhero fuckups banding together and being completely incapable of anything resembling competence. A misspelled thread title seems oddly appropriate.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

I got bored of this show last season and skipped the last few episodes - what happened to snart and the hawks?

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

This season is definitely more fun than last one, but I think this is definitely the weakest of the DC-CW shows.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Really? We didn't go with Sara Lance: Time lesbian?

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

you can't blame him for being nostalgic.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Do we actually have any proof that the black flash is Jay?

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

They should bring Manu Bennett on board.

Also - does this version of Damien Darhk not have his magic powers yet? I haven't seen him do any of his tricks on LoT.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

It can't be fake because they already mentioned using the spear's power to create Camelot.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Arrow has been great this year, and I think It's currently the best of the DCCW shows. It's a massive improvement on the past couple of seasons, though I didn't mind last season as much as some people here seem to.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

They showed firestorm for like the first time this season that I can think of. The crew must have held a bake sale or something to raise money for the SFX.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Piell posted:

It's pronounced toll-key-en.

It's not. Refer to his wikipedia article which sources how the author himself pronounced his name.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

She's not bisexual, she just likes loving Queens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Aleph Null posted:

She could have her own spin-off where she seduces everyone throughout the ages: As Time Goes Bi.

my vote for the next thread title.

• Locked thread