Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

nine-gear crow posted:

That page has a really depressing stinger to it. "Oh hey, here's all these genre actors with pictures of roles you might recognize them from... And Garret Wang with... literally three different pictures of Harry Kim to fill space :smith:"

Poor Garret Wang. Voyager just chewed him up and spat him out, just like it did Harry Kim.

Harry is Captain of the USS Rhode Island in Star Trek: Online. And you get to find out what happened to the original Harry Kim since he's the quantum twin. Original Harry's body is used by the Kobali to reproduce. They reproduce by genetically altering corpses of other species / races and bringing them back to life as new Kobali. Yep.

Also, the last two episodes of Legends have been some of the best CW-TV I've seen in years. And, if time is that easy to break, how may times has it been broken and fixed before that they just don't know about? I really love that they totally acknowledged that Sarah did a much better job leading the team than Rip ever did. When Rip was leaving, Sarah didn't try to stop him with hearty entreaties of "but the team needs you," because, the team doesn't need him. I do like his futuristic gun slinger look and I will miss his accent, but yeah. Go make some cakes, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

nine-gear crow posted:

Huh, so Zombie Alienized Harry gets to go be with his Zombie Alienized girlfriend. That's... neat, in a kind of sad way.

harry_kim.txt

Exactly my reaction. Creepy / sweet. Sweepy?

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Jude Law will always be Gigolo Joe to me.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
Thank God this show figured out what kind of show it was and embraced it.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

FELD1 posted:

How many times will Diggle's son/daughter change sexes before all these time fuckers are satisfied?

Siamese fraternal twins.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

STAC Goat posted:

The Ray/Kendra relationship felt like a forced conflict. Like, she's "destined" to be with Hawkman but only Hawkman really accepts that so of course you need another love interest to create a conflict within her. It felt forced, its a creepy storyline when she inevitably chooses the "destined" love over the one she seemed to actually be feeling, and its pretty much exactly what they did with Cisco to introduce the Hawks in the first place.

I'm not especially invested in Amaya and Nate but it at least seems to just be a thing on its own. Like, I guess it was an excuse to debate "changing history" philosophy but they do that all the time and they actively chose to say "gently caress history."

The one "romance" I actually sort of felt was Snart and Sara even though it never really got far, just because I actually bought into the idea that they were bonding over their mutual desire to be heroes but guilt that they didn't feel worthy because of their pasts.

I think Nate is Amaya's destined-to-be baby daddy.

When other people leave their native time and join the Waverider crew, they disappear from time and everything about them just stops. That's why Rip chose the original team, because removing them from the time stream had no impact. But Amaya's destiny is still evident, still part of historical record, they can still go see videos and read about the eventual destruction of her village and know about her eventual grand-daughter. She still exists. She shouldn't exist unless unless Nate is actually part of Amaya's timeline that is supposed to happen and blah blah blah, broke time. Whatever. It almost makes sense.
Also, Nate really should have gone back to the past to live out his life with Amaya in her original time. That would have been the perfect way to make it canon, but I guess the characters are too popular? I sort of doubt that, but whatever.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

BioEnchanted posted:

I like generally how Mick changed in a very understated way - he's still selfish, but he knows the stakes, recognises when he's made a bad decision, and is generally much more pensieve than he used to be. I like the exchange when he puts him back in his own time, with the knowledge that later he will sacrifice himself for the greater good.

Mick: "You become a better man.
Snart: "You mean softer..."
Mick: "No... Better."
I also liked his meeting with him in season 1's finale, with "You were always a hero to me..."

I'd really like them to explore how he was turned into Chronos and used for possibly hundreds of years as a bounty hunter, and what they did to him, but they probably won't.
He drinks to keep away the mind control.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Al Borland Corp. posted:

My wife said that Wentworth delivers all his lines as if he's Eartha Kitt Catwoman and now I can't get that out of my head

Thanks for that.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

STAC Goat posted:

I think the characters were always stupid on purpose. Like the original premise is basically "Rip Hunter scoops up a motley crew of losers because he says they're destined to be Legends, but really he's a liar and a fuckup too, but they all come to earn it." In Season 2 they just downplayed that "they all come to earn it" part a little and ramped up the open acknowledgement of the first part. But I think if you go back to S1 there's plenty of "God, we hosed up, we shouldn't be here" just like in S2.

But there's no Legion of Doom giving snarky commentary from the peanut gallery. Which was big. S3 is going to weigh a lot on who their villain is.

Rip lied his rear end off to get them to join him dumb crusade. Eventually, Rip told them the truth: he picked them because their absence had no impact on the timeline, they were nobodies. Just like him.

Like, Ray has multiple PhDs and is dumber than dirt. Stein is the prototypical intellectual with his head up his rear end. Nate is only around because he knows history good (which, big deal, they have an AI that can do the same thing). Amaya is literally from 75 years in the past. Snart was the best person on the team until he died. The smartest person on the crew is Jackson and that's because he pays attention, learns from mistakes, and admits he is fallible.
Mick was brainwashed.
Rip dressed like a cowboy wannabe (even admitting he fanboys hard over the old west) complete with blaster-that-looks-like-a-revolver.
Also, Sara is a competent leader, pilot, and hand-to-hand rear end-kicker. That's about it.

God must be on their side because it certainly isn't skill that helped them defeat the legion of doom.

With all that, it knows exactly what it is and embraces it. I cannot wait for Season 3.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Rip should find a new group of time masters and pursue the Legends trying to correct their aberrations. The whole season they are on the run from an unknown pursue and it's just another group of better superheroes.

I would not be surprised if this is what actually happens.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

BioEnchanted posted:

The Quiz shows up for three seconds - They see her flying over the city, Mick goes "Oh great, she can fly? I bet she's invulnerable too like Skirt." and she just falls to her death.

Is The Quiz's power literally "any power that the other guy hadn't thought of yet?"

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

8one6 posted:

Wasn't that that super boring horror movie? Did I fall asleep and miss the part where it's also a queer story?

It was an engrossing tale of how burying your grief without dealing with it can turn anyone into a monster, but it also had an actual monster that looked like something from a German Expressionism film.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
Sarah Lance: Time Lesbian*

*actually, she's been with a couple of dudes so she's bisexual, but just has a preference for ladies which, in pop culture, is the same as just being a lesbian even though Gold Star Lesbians exist.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

DoctorWhat posted:

are we using the term "gold star lesbian" unironically in twenty fuckin seventeen?

no.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

TFRazorsaw posted:

Look dude, is that really called for? I'm bisexual myself, it's not like I'm concern trolling here. It's a small thing but it legitimately bugs me.

I'm bisexual, too and just the fact that she's had committed relationships with of both male and female makes me happy. At least she's not portrayed as a slut or someone who needs to make a decision on hetero or homo.

Edit: I know we need more representation. But the CW seems like it enjoys pushing the envelope for LGBT stuff, so I'm sure it'll come. They got so much good press with Maggie / Alex I can't imagine them slowing down with it. Even after the impromptu song controversy.

Aleph Null fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Jul 25, 2017

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

TFRazorsaw posted:

I guess I just don't see why saying "this is what she is" is a big deal.

It's not to me. I agree that Time Lesbian sounds better than Time Bisexual. I also agree that it is entirely incorrect. I mean, "lesbian" is just a cool word. Nobody else on the sexuaity spectrum gets their own word.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Senerio posted:

Willow is gay now, though.

The nelwyn?

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Circutron posted:

Guys.

Time Bi. :colbert:

She could have her own spin-off where she seduces everyone throughout the ages: As Time Goes Bi.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

lotus circle posted:

his own animated short on CW Seed.

Did this actually get made?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Its Rinaldo posted:

I kinda wished right after they said "Don't call us heroes, we're legends.". It would have cut to Reverse Flash saying "Their idiots." Then a montage of them loving up time while hi fiving but I guess that would have been too on the nose.

They should say "Don't call us heroes; we are a cautionary tale."

• Locked thread