Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I've never watched Arrow or Flash (not an intentional decision; I just watch a lot of TV and never managed to fit either of those shows into my DVR schedule), but i'm cognizant of the characters on this show, and their DC Comics back stories.

Am I gonna be lost most of the time with regards to references to prior events, or is this something I can jump into and enjoy by itself?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Does Savage have a healing factor? Like, if you cut off his arm, would it grow back, or would he just be a one-armed immortal guy for 1,000 years?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

TyrantWD posted:

Where on earth did Vandal Savage find a multiracial group of South African mercenaries in 1975? And how did they have no accent?

The same way people spoke english in ancient Egypt!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Just cryogenically freeze him and launch him into deep space.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Leonard Snart sounds like the name of a proctologist.

It's a very goofy name. Like Vinny Plops or Chad Flubb.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Stephanie Corneliussen is like a younger, Danish Angelina Jolie. Hoooooo wheeee. :allears:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Now that you mention it, I hope there's a Roaring 20's episode and Miller gets to wear a pinstripe suit and shoot a Thompson.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

And Lotz in a flapper dress?

This would also be ideal.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

That'd be great, too. As long as she does some sort of spinning heel kick in the face of a robber baron.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

It's such an easy episode to write. Have Vandal Savage be responsible for the stock market crash or something.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Longbaugh01 posted:

I truly and honestly am not sure why people bag on this show as much as they do. It has its missteps, but the performances alone have been worth it.

I know it's had less episodes, but I'm pretty sure I've enjoyed LoT more than both Arrow and The Flash thus far this season.

My theory is we're just all subconsciously (or consciously) pissed that they used the other 2 shows to set it up, thereby maybe loving up their rhythm (if any).

I'm enjoying the hell out of this show, and it may or may not be due to the fact that i've never seen the other two. Like I said earlier in the thread: I'm aware of all the characters and their origins, but have no frame of reference for their TV counterparts. That said, i'm glad to see Brandon Routh getting work again. I always thought he took an unfair brunt of the criticism for Superman Returns. I haven't seen Victor Garber on any TV show since he was Jack Bristow (but he owns), Caity Lotz is cute as hell and could also kick the everliving poo poo out of all of us, I know Arthur Darvill from Doctor Who, the Prison Break dudes from all the other stuff they've done, etc;etc.

I don't think i've ever seen Franz Drameh, Ciara Renée or Falk Hentschel in anything before, though.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

The season will end with Rip shooting the King of Time in the groin with a bolt action rifle.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

The Vandal Savage Brewing Co., founded 1394.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Turns out that Vandal Savage was the CEO of JNCO Apparel for several years in the mid-90's. He negotiated the licensing contract with Warner Bros. to use Looney Tunes likenesses on the product.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Xoidanor posted:

The team goes back to 1990 to foil Vandal Savage's plans of making "Ice Ice Baby" a billboard charting hit. They fail.

Ljungby, Sweden.

September of 1986.

Vandal Savage is seen laying down spike strips in preparation for a specific tour bus.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Just start kidnapping historical figures who will help to try and destroy Savage.

Mick & Snart's Excellent Adventure. Rip can be Rufus.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Replace the council of Time Masters with these people:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Clearly the timeline is getting so hosed up, historical figures are being displaced left and right.

Clearly. :colbert:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

Rip Hunter tries to shoot himself, only to discover that his gun just knocks people down. Gideon laughs at him. It is the only pleasure she still feels.

If you look closely, there's a small factory etching on the side of Rip's gun.

The etching reads It's Nerf or Nothin'.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

I was going to suggest they do a Titanic episode, but Victor Garber wants no part of that.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

The uploader has apparently not made that video available in my country.......

.....The United States of America.

Good job, uploader.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Was watching a movie featuring Robert DeNiro, Clive Owen and Jason Statham last night called The Killer Elite, and lo and behold, who pops up out of nowhere?

With his profoundly intense British accent intact, even.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

I appreciated Felicity's time travel speech gibberish being "DARMOK AND JALAD AT TANAGRA".

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Garber says he hopes they never do a Titanic episode, but I hope they do.

I hope they do. :getin:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Eobard gettin' hunted by undead speedforce Langolier.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Meteoroid Belt", eh Legends of Tomorrow? I mean....there's an ASTEROID belt between Mars and Jupiter. But i'm not familiar with meteoroids near the Moon.

My immersion!!!1!

(Seriously though, that was an enjoyable episode.)

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

I hope the group somehow manages to team up with the Monster Squad next week in the season finale.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

I'll leap into a throttling woodchipper if the Hawk couple somehow find their way into the season finale.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Rip Hunter and Damien Darhk are going to be at Phoenix Comicon next month. Count me the hell in.

Hawkgirl will.....also be there. *shrugs shoulders*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

nine-gear crow posted:

.....just like it did Harry Kim.

Twice, even!

#RIPQuantumHarryKim

• Locked thread