Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Can this show just be White Canary, Cap Cold, and Heat Wave broing it up through time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

These guys (especially Sara, who gave the whole speech about hindering foes instead of outright killing them) are having a really hard time capturing and incapacitating this man who just so happens to be immortal.

Like, I can get that he has adds, but they have at least four different AoE attacks, one of which capable of CCing them as well as Savage. Worst raid group ever.

Maybe the time masters told him that it would take ten episodes to kill Savage and he didn't want to wait that long, so he went rogue but they were right because of time bullshit or whatever.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Burning_Monk posted:

Which brings up the point. Why aren't the time cops after the Flash? Fucker changed time like half a dozen times. Not to mention Reverse Flash and the whole massive temporal vortex.

Timepigs be slipping.

Because the times he changed time, it was actually meant to happen.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Man, Star City being comic book Detroit is all but confirmed with that crash landing into 2046.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

I really love the show, warts and all. For the next CW DC show I want Blazed Canary and cold puns with shameless Prison Break references.

What about the implied natural athleticism, roofying, creepy love arc, and blandness?

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

enraged_camel posted:

gently caress this jay earth

No, that's Earth-2.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

FilthyImp posted:

Holy hell, who the gently caress wrote the romantic Rip dialogue in this episode? This is like some fanfic poo poo going on here.

The same person who did the dumb "I'm better than you in every way but I'm resigning because I love you!" plot dialogue.

Like, we got the worst of the two and that just makes me hate Rip more than I already did.

Oh well, can't wait to learn how right Rip was all along because the Time Masters are EEVVVIIILLLLLLLLL! or something.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Bruceski posted:

"It turns out the implant is powered by love. You need to get back together with Oliver."

No, obviously it's powered by self-centeredness, since that's when she started walking.

As soon as she feels for someone other than herself, it's gonna fry and she'll fall back down.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm not convinced she's a bad actress, this version of Hawkgirl just sucks and they've never given her anything to do.

Oh they give her plenty to do, like being The Atom's girlfriend and getting creeped on/molested by Hawkman.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Elentor posted:

I can't possibly imagine how they're gonna write these guys defeating Savage at this point.

I swear to god, if they come up with the idea that we and every other logical person had since episode 1 (freeze him up to his neck and stab him in said neck with the knife) at the finale, I am throwing so many clocks at the TV.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

boom boom boom posted:

Did it seem to anyone else like the guy playing Jonah Hex was speaking carefully to avoid ripping off the makeup?

Speaking of which, is that an actual thing about Jonah Hex or was that just something that might have happened to him on one of his adventures?

Hell, I don't even know what the deal is about Jonah Hex and this episode didn't tell me anything about him other than he's a bounty hunter in the old west?

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Look, I just want them to stop spending every scene with Hawk Girl focusing on her love life and more time getting her her trademark mace and smacking fools with it.

Is that too much to ask? She has other things in her life besides being an ex-barista and having a lover, right? Right?

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

For a full minute, Kendra was badass and swinging her mace like she shoulda been all season long.

Then Carter had to gently caress everything up. Like he always does.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

This episode was actually pretty good until Carter showed up. Then it all came apart.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Rhyno posted:

WHY ARE WE STILL WATCHING THIS.

Because some of us enjoy cheesy schlock, even if the plot has tons of holes in it.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Can the CW stop justifying the use of roofies? Please? Not the best message to be sending, show.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

OB_Juan posted:

So the reason the team was so consistently dumb all season was that the Time Masters were pulling the strings?

Also, please don't use the device that can see and manipulate all of time to just gank Savage in Egyptian times, saving everyone a lot of trouble, then use it to find a different solution to the alien invasion. Blow it up for maximum vengence.

Yeah, their whole spiel about "the only way we stopped the invasion was because Savage united the world under one ruler, which we helped orchestrate" really falls apart when they LITERALLY HAVE THE SCRIPT OF THE SHOW AND A PEN. Apparently, writing history to make the birdpeople go away WITHOUT creating an immortal hitler and causing mass genocide is too hard.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

howe_sam posted:

Wouldn't blowing up a shogun like that cause some pretty big disturbances in the time line?

Look, at this point, if they didn't gently caress up the timeline whenever visiting it, it would actually do more damage than if they did.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Medullah posted:

I love that they had to destroy the ATOM suit for plot reasons, which will conveniently reduce the budget AND make it easier to explain why Ray doesn't just Iron Man his way through whatever issue they run into in the future.

And stop nearly all the plots of each episode being "oh poo poo, the bad guys have Ray's suit and want to use it/wear it/mass-manufacture it and we have to stop them!"

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

bring back old gbs posted:

Vikings... He won't love roasting them as much. Lots of burnt hair.

Nah, he has at least two things in common with Vikings that he loves doing: burning poo poo down and robbery.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

But if he had two guns then he wouldn't have a free hand to phase through anyone's heart.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Phylodox posted:

What happens in the speedforce stays in the speedforce.

Is that why none of Barry's friends talk about everything he's hosed with the speedforce?

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

I'm so glad that the Legion of Doom are now besties.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Guy Goodbody posted:

Don't they have some kind of universal translator thing? The English spoken in the 5th century is so different from the English of the 20th and 21st century, the translator would have to be working when they were talking to the knights. So Galahad wouldn't have been confused by Ray's use of the term "fan," because the translator would've just translated it into an appropriate term That Galahad would've understood.

This show is bullshit.

Well, Star Girl did shape Camelot to fit her needs of protecting the spear piece, maybe that also meant changing the dialect.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

howe_sam posted:

I like Darvill as an actor, so I hope he sticks around, but with Sarah as the leader, Ray and Stein as the science guys, Nate as the history guy, Jax as the ship guy and Mick as...Mick, he's kind of superfluous.

What would Rip be, then? The guy who has sex with the ship?

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Now, wait, is Barry only a jerk because the Speedforce is a jerk and it made him one when he got his gofast? Or was he always a jerk?

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Can Rip's new job on the Legends crew be pastry chef because homie's got skills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

So wait, we stopped reality from being ruled by a slightly less murderous speedster than Barry, and in return we got dinosaurs?

Good trade-off, imo.

• Locked thread