Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jackson Taus
Oct 19, 2011

tsob posted:

On the whole though, I was far more bothered by the idea that a metahuman like Firestorm, who in the context of this show has to be the second most powerful metahuman on Earth at this time, if not the most powerful could somehow be so worthless a hero that he's barely remembered historically. I think Ray being that unimportant is somewhat stretching things too given not just his powers, but his intellect, money, charisma and drive. I cannot see him just remaining an unknown hero in that setting with all that going for him unless he dies again sometime in the next few weeks without Rip coming to collect him. The rest I can see all remaining unknown and unimportant, because for various reasons all of them have a desire to hide themselves away from the spotlight. Heatwave and Captain Cold are just small time crooks at the end of the day, Sarah just wants to deal with her own poo poo, not be a hero and the Hawks are looking to hide from Savage and have been for a long time. Firestorm and Atom though? Just not buying it.

Yeah, but it's been what, 2.5 years since the particle accelerator blew up? With 150 years to go before it's Rip Hunter's time? That's a heck of a lot more metahumans that could show up from the accelerator or fall through a dimensional portal, or whatever. Firestorm's the big guy on the block today, but there's no reason to think that that sticks.

Mr. Fowl posted:

And hell, we don't know how Gideon figures out who is relevant to the timeline. Might be "Someone else could have done X, also had opportunity, would achieve essentially the same result."

W/r/t the Atom this makes a lot of sense - Ray's already built the suit, and it's well within handwaving distance to say that there are blueprints and notes somewhere of his major inventions that could be found and utilized by someone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackson Taus
Oct 19, 2011

losonti tokash posted:

What's kind of telling is no one seemed to give a poo poo after some dude suddenly kidnapped Ray and they both vanished. When Ray comes back to ask Oliver for advice there isn't even an "oh wow good thing you're okay."

Oliver once left Roy passed out electrocuted in a puddle due to sloppy editing. I assumed this was more of the same.

Jackson Taus
Oct 19, 2011

Xelkelvos posted:

If either of them were really clever, they'd prepare trusts or caches or something for themselves when they revive, all across the world since they're quasi-immortal. That way they too could build up an arsenal when they inevitably come up against Savage and don't have to start from essentially zero in terms of everything but fighting ability.

Doing the math on 4000 years / 200 lives, it sounds like they're not making it past their early 20s often - at 25 (Ciara Renee's age) they might even be older than their average lifespan at this point. They only seem to spend a couple of years as active adults each cycle. So it might be hard to accumulate much in the way of assets, even assuming they can find them in future lives reliably.

TyrantWD posted:

That seemed to be the case when Supergirls' ratings were in free fall, but it has stabilized at a level that makes it the highest rated comicbook show on TV this season. I can see CBS holding holding off until the show really needs a rating bump.

CBS has a lot higher of standards than CW though.

EDIT: Just checked, Supergirl is apparently also well-performing by CBS standards.

Jackson Taus fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Jan 29, 2016

• Locked thread