Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Dead Snoopy posted:

its probably on the city's welcome sign at this point

Welcome to Star City
Pop. 500,000
Oliver Queen is the Green Arrow
Don't Tell Iris Damien Dahrk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8one6
May 20, 2012

I'm assuming Snart's plan is to Freeze him then take advantage of the fact that he has access to time travel and when they defeat Savage have Rip land the ship like five minutes after Snart froze Mick to unthaw him.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Of course Kendra couldn't kill Savage.

For season two can we ditch Rip, never mention Hawkman ever again, and just have comic book adventures across time?

8one6
May 20, 2012

Robot Hobo posted:

So clearly a big chunk of the season has been a plot by Vandal Savage to lure a Time Master into handing him a time machine. And Rip just brought him onto a time machine, and left him un-sedated in a glass box. So that worked.

The only question left is "when did that plan start?" Did he only take over the world in the first place to provoke some dumb time traveler? Has it only been the past few decades, or has he been repeatedly trying world domination for thousands of years trying to get that outcome?

"Goddamn it, I've subjugated half the globe and still no time travelers. What does a guy gotta do for a little trans-temporal attention? gently caress it, burn the empire, I'll start over. Again."

If this is what his plot turns out to be I'm not forgiving everything but it would go a long way in my mind to redeem parts of the show.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Anyone who refers to their origination as "Masters/Lords of Time" are pretty much always super incompetent when it comes to actually doing things with time travel, and always for vague reasons.

8one6
May 20, 2012

The Duke posted:

I really don't get why Rip was all "There's nothing we can do" when they could just go back to that Russian nuke auction and take him out there. Laurel wouldn't even be born yet (?), seems pretty fool proof to me.

Rip Hunter is the least competent time traveller ever.

8one6
May 20, 2012

nooneofconsequence posted:

So what did they actually accomplish?

It took them several months (or years depending on the character) to figure out that if they dogpile one guy someone can stab him.

In the end instead something something radiation and we got to see Mick use the flamethrower the way it was meant to be used.

8one6
May 20, 2012

BrianWilly posted:

HAhahahahAHaa okay I hope you're all sitting down for this.

So, basically, we're getting Vixen for next season, except they can't get the Vixen actress, so instead of recasting the character of Mari McCabe, we're getting another Vixen from the past instead, who's an entirely new character.

So they're using the time traveling premise of their time traveling superhero show to recruit a superhero from time?

I'm not seeing a problem here.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Wheat Loaf posted:

I wonder which members of the cast come with the highest price tag?

I would have to assume Arthur Darvill, Brandon Routh, or Victor Garber.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Who is the guy under heatwave?

8one6
May 20, 2012

howe_sam posted:

Legends of Tomorrow: Captain Sarah Lance, Time Lesbian :colbert:

:colbert:

8one6
May 20, 2012

I love how this show has decided to just completely own its goofiness.

8one6
May 20, 2012

I love this show.

8one6
May 20, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

Does anyone care about Stein's wife drama? His entire story as been about that recently.

No, but Bride of Stein drama is cheaper than the Firestorm effect, so maybe we'll get a really kick rear end fight during the crossover to make up for it.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Xelkelvos posted:

Amalgam would be way different nowadays and probably for the better if only because Wolverine and Batman wouldn't be combined

I loved that in the followup mini series they gave Access fanfic powers: He can summon any character from either universe and can merge characters into new Amalgams.

8one6
May 20, 2012

J'onn also hasn't been active as a costumed superhero like Clark and Kara.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Donnerberg posted:

The cross-over was a hot mess to me. The only one of these shows that's up to date on Netflix in Norway is Legends. The rest lag a season behind. :smith:

I was expecting a "previous on the other shows" intro, but didn't get one. It was still a fun episode though.

Can you use the CW app on roku or the CW site in Norway? The current seasons are on there

8one6
May 20, 2012

Donnerberg posted:

No, it looks like it's region locked.

It isn't a big deal so far. I could piece together the beats they skipped about Steins daughter and the alien invasion. I have no idea how Supergirl ended up on Earth 1 though. Did Barry get her as backup, or did aliens invade her world too?

The backup thing.
Last season Flash ended up on Supergirl's earth for an adorable crossover so Barry asked Cisco to use his powers to go there and call in the favor.

8one6
May 20, 2012

8one6
May 20, 2012

Hughlander posted:

Storm troopers aren't bad shots though. They planted a tracking device on the millennium falcon and had to let them escape alive to follow them to the base. Obiwon praises their accuracy at the start.

It's like Han's 12 parsec line. Nerds like Han so there's no way that line was him blowing smoke up Obi-wan's rear end. So the EU contrived a way to make it not sound like a Han doesn't know what a parsec is.

The stormtroopers were told to let them escape.

8one6
May 20, 2012

I wish they'd stop having Heatwave act like a loving moron.
Well, more of a moron than the rest of the crew.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Of course you invent a lightsaber Ray, you glorious nerd!

8one6
May 20, 2012

Captain Sarah Lance: Time Lesbian

8one6
May 20, 2012

Maxwell Lord posted:

Hey, who is she to deny history

An argument could be made that, as captain of the Waverider it's her duty to make sure history happens.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Tiggum posted:

But wouldn't that mean getting rid of Camelot because it's not supposed to exist?

Well, I know of one way to get rid of camelot.

:heysexy:

8one6
May 20, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

I mean, the fact that they let him back on the ship and are back to business as usual seems like pretty good evidence that they had gotten over the thing where he betrayed them, joined their enemies, and rewrote reality. There's probably going to be lingering trust issues from Mick going evil, but that's what happens when you join the Legion of Doom.

I don't really love the "the Legends treat Mick badly" narrative because even though there's truth to it it kind of excuses the fact that Mick has repeatedly given them plenty of reason to doubt him.

The future Legends showed up before the betrayal. This Mick never betrayed them.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Test Pattern posted:

Snart just shows up, with memories of Season 1 and Season 2.

Why not? Thawne remembered working with Team Flash.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Inkspot posted:

I'd... like to call OP for Season 3. Anything in particular anyone wants to see?

That gif of Reverse Flash calling the team idiots.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Senerio posted:

Bisexual Erasure is a real thing. Hell, the B in LGBT stands for Babadook now!

Wasn't that that super boring horror movie? Did I fall asleep and miss the part where it's also a queer story?

8one6
May 20, 2012

How about Captain Sarah Lance: Chronosexual?

8one6
May 20, 2012

TFRazorsaw posted:

That just makes her sound like she wants to bang Mick's alter ego.

The writers have forgotten about Chronos, so can you.

Edit: rereading that it comes off as super aggressive in text. Sorry about that. I meant it as a 'if they can't be bothered to remember the coolest part of Mick's backstory why the gently caress should we' kind of thing.

8one6 fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Jul 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8one6
May 20, 2012

Please tell me we're getting another version of the Legion of Doom this season!

• Locked thread