Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The Adventures of Time Lesbian and Snart need to be a thing and a meme

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Krad posted:

... Organ harvesting? But uhhh I thought he couldn't die no matter what. Maybe the gang should invite him out for drinks until he gets alcohol poisoning. Sara and Snart could drink him under the table.

Pre-Flashpoint Savage was immortal, but not invulnerable and not capable of total regeneration like this version. He was still a megalomaniac with ideations of conquest. He was ties to the Vandals for obvious reasons.

Post-Flashpoint Savage is a bit more muddled. In that his depiction in Demon Knights has him as more Nihilistic Barbarian, a mini has him as a Hannibal Lecter type of Sociopath and his most recent appearance is typical supervillain.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Tiggum posted:

Now I want to watch a show about a team of time-travelling thieves, pulling off heists throughout history.

So...Carmen Sandiego or Lupin III but with time travel then?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

GreenNight posted:

So Hex will be a main character in season 2, I'm guessing.

Maybe, maybe not. It partially depends on if Hex's iconic look would become logistically difficult or if they could get away with healing it. And if the actor wants to reprise the role and the fans want more. Hex is always a fan favorite, but nothing about this episode really made me want to see more Hex.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I do appreciate the subtle showing of Sara drinking Rory under the table

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Bad Moon posted:

If it becomes super hero power rangers I'm ok with that.

All of the Arrowverse shows could probably take a page or two out of Toei's tokusatsu collection and not come out any worse.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Maxwell Lord posted:

I think they ended up doing some fun stuff with the dumb premise. Li'l Hunter shivving someone was a good thing.

If the overarching plot wasn't about killing Vandal Savage and all relatively terrible, this would've been a somewhat dumb episode that was a little too all over the place. Instead, it's still the latter bit, but not all that terrible in comparison.

And yeah, I did not expect Kid Hunter to shiv the Pilgrim and that was a really clever ploy as she was in the middle of monologuing.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

nooneofconsequence posted:

They're all bad shows and you're a bad person if you watch all of them. (I watch all of them.)

Same. :smith:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Sara, Ray, Snart, and Mick, are probably the most redeemable characters of the team. Ray because he's the lovable dork, Mick and Snart because they're the give-no-fucks anti-heroes and Sara because she's also a give-no-fucks anti-hero, but more heroic. Also Sara and Snart get all the good quips.

Both components of Firestorm are kinda meh, but one is generally useful as a smart person or by subverting the expectation of what he's supposed to do because he's old. Hawkgirl and Rip are basically only essential because the plot demands it. Otherwise, they're dead weight in terms of entertainment.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

enraged_camel posted:

Hawkgirl has been pretty awful lately with all the relationship drama. Carter this, Carter that, jesus loving christ shut up already.

I hope they dump her next season, assuming there will be one.

The original plans were to have a new cast so I'd imagine she won't show up again unless there's a significant amount of fan demand for her return.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Neon Knight posted:

Why not have a guy in a rubber atomic skull robot suit fight Ray in a tiny city made out of cardboard? I believe is the better question.

America doesn't respect the art of toku

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Rhyno posted:

I can't believe they didn't use the Scandal name. This show fails on so many levels.

I assume they'll save her for a more femme fatale character where her homosexuality can be made more prominent.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

enraged_camel posted:

It seemed bizarrely out of character for Snart to walk among the refuges with Miss Savage and explain to her how much they're suffering. He seems like he'd be the last person to care.

It might've been originally written for another character but was changed upon rewrite

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Fat Shat Sings posted:

Edit: EFB^^

Kendra would be a better character if her entire destiny didn't revolve around people trying to date her.

Savage's entire deal is he wants to gently caress her, Carter is her forever husband. Cisco and Jax wanted her. Now Ray is trying to Marry her but she's going back to Carter.

Blah Blah Blah. Hit poo poo with a Mace. Have the show be about Snart winning over women with just a glance throughout time.

Smart and Sara winning over girls throughout time.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
A new Birds of Prey series should be made with Sara as the lead and her team/harem

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Confident action lead is one of types of roles that I don't think Darvill can play

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
If Rip had studied Time Master history instead of League of Assassins history, he'd clearly know that Vandal Savage was a necessary component in the creation of time travel and the founding of the Time Masters. :pseudo:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I expect the Thanagarian invasion to be completely forgotten about and never brought up again. I am disappointed about the lack of Snart for the rest of the season, but confirmation of his continued appearances is good. The fact that some of the cast is remaining does not make me hopeful however as it implies we might not see much of them outside of this show and it includes the possibility of one or both of the hawks or Rip continuing to appear.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Fighting Trousers posted:

At least the Snart and Sara stuff felt at least marginally earned, unlike the Ray/Kendra "this is love because we say so, okay?!" crap.

That's probably because Sara and Snart have chemistry and seem relatively similar in more than they type of stuff they have in their Netflix queue. Even if Sara didn't feel the same way about Snart (I guess she's Bi until explicitly told otherwise), they've had all sorts of character bonding moments throughout the season that's really only rivaled by Ray and Mick

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Please no Thanagarian invasion. We need less hawks and hawk related things since it's clear they can't be trusted with it.

I'd love to see some Cosmic DC, but I imagine that's way over budget for The CW, even they use some of the lower sfx characters like Adam Strange, Brainiac (Vril Dox), Lobo, and even Starfire (since they can just reuse the Firestorm SFX)

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

jscolon2.0 posted:

I stand by this being a long con to meet Snart's sister.

I'm sure Cisco won't mind

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Instead of the Thanagarians, it should've been Mongul and his Warworld or the Durlans or Lady Styx

The Hawks are cool, it just Carter in this series isn't the Carter from the comics who's fairly hot blooded, utterly vicious in a fight and rarely knows how to hold back. Kendra at least knows what restraint is, but she's as knock-down, drag-out as Carter which is sorta why they make a good couple. It's not because they're destined to be together that they work, it's because they're actually compatible with each other so there's no mystical compelling that's done. In every flashback we've seen of the Hawks, there's been no indication of any sort of chemistry. It's utterly forced making the "Destiny" thing more like a curse.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
They just need Grant Morrison to Executive Produce and write a bit for a season or even Giffen and DeMatteis and then just sorta see where it goes

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I can't believe they went all the way with the Hawks in regards to the Thanagarian stuff. I sorta hope they're never brought up again just because having all of those elements together is the worst version of their backstory.

I'm skeptical if the JSA will turn out okay, but we'll see.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Rhyno posted:

They also brought a future Carter back to 2016 and that probably fucks up the reincarnation sequence as well.

We're also not going to question how Savage suddenly got a bunch of future mooks with him in WW2 unless they were just chilling out in the cargo bay.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Easiest way they bring Snart back is they say that the explosion blasted him through time and space and he didn't die because [Doctor Who-esque explanation]

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

BrianWilly posted:

Clearly you have not seen suckadick.png :colbert:

I just think it's hilarious that they're already scraping the bottom of the barrel in terms of comic book D-listers to populate this show with, but then can't even manage to do that so end up literally having to invent a new character for their All Star DC Universe ensemble show. Hey, maybe she'll end up as good as Sara Lance. More likely she'll end up as pointless as Jax Jackson.

It's not as though there aren't a crapton of niche D-Listers to pull from in the DCU. Vixen is relatively well known if only from JLU. The problem is they seem to be picking out the heroes first and hoping that a personality and character traits will spontaneously emerge alongside the superpowers.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Looks like shenanigans in feudal Japan. I like shenanigans. I assume that has to do with the Soultaker sword or something

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Why isn't that a thing? It definitely needs to be a thing

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

So Stargirl, ???, Hourman, Obsidian, Thunder?, ???

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

R-Type posted:

Who's pole got greased to let Jack Black on this flaming shitheap?

Unless he's willing to get paid relative peanuts, I doubt it. Otoh, I could see him being Lobo

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Oh hey, Mayor Ollie!

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The Time Lesbian strikes again!

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Just realized that they got a new set

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Caper posted:

Oh man Einstein is a poonhound too.

Not all that inaccurate fwiw really.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Btw, Nathan Heywood (now that I heard the last name clearly) is known as Citizen Steel in the comics.

Edit: TIME LESBIAN STRIKES AGAIN!

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Dahrk and Thawne huh...wonder what their endgame is

Also, STARGIRL :swoon:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
premiers ranking: Supergirl>LoT>Arrow>Flash

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Sarah Lance, Time Lesbian: Also the Legends of Tomorrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I have the vaguest feeling like Reverse Flash and Dahrk were supposed to be involved in the crossover event for the season until Supergirl was transferred to the CW. Then they cracked open their contingency crossover for that eventuality so now it's still Reverse Flash and Dahrk doing time shenannigans, but their climax isn't in a full crossover anymore.

• Locked thread