Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Amalgam would be way different nowadays and probably for the better if only because Wolverine and Batman wouldn't be combined

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Binary Logic posted:

Who is under Captain Krypton's leg - Howard the Duck + Duck Dodgers in the 24 1/2th Century?

ps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZanOprp7ls

Lobo the Duck iirc

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Longbaugh01 posted:

Maybe it is supposed to be the HoJ, but it looks less like a HoJ and more like a National Guard Armory.

I love how the Flash one just has Cisco in the background going "Sup."

It's neither. It's clearly the Cincinnati Union Terminal and the cross over was being filmed there.

I mean look at it!

Yes, I know that the building is what the HoJ is actually based off of

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Rhyno posted:

The facade in the posters is noticeably different from that building though, did they actually film there?

No. That's the building that the Hall of Justice in Superfriends is based off of. The HoJ design (if you notice, the sides are different from Union Station and your picture) is used for the poster background.

Alternatively: :thejoke:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Next crossover should be Crisis on Infinite Earths or something similar

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Narcissus1916 posted:

Finally caught up, I previously left before Season 1's Wild West installment.

Holy poo poo is this season fun. I knew the show would improve my removing Savage and the hawks, but I underestimated just how big of an improvement.

And Barrowman, Neal, and Lescher all bouncing off each other? More plz.

The Legion of Doom basically being more hammy than a pig farm really makes it worth watching.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

I'm just going to assume that Malcolm couldn't bring himself to actually kill George Lucas, so he intentionally whiffed every shot. I got nothing for Darhk tho :shrug:

They were doing their best Stormtrooper impressions throughout the whole episode as a dare (first to hit someone loses). Alternatively, future guns are really lovely

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I do kinda wish that the Black Flash scenes didn't have an obviously CG Black Flash as he stalks around the room. Presumably they had someone in a green suit and CG'd over him as it would be cheaper, but it did sort of stand out as it was sniffing around right in front of Thawne.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

lotus circle posted:

Just bring them back next season, only with a more expanded membership.

They should bring back Count Vertigo

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Sarah Lance and the Time Idiots

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

Who was then killed by Oliver's mind controlled sister only to later be revived by a Lazarus Pit and her soul restored by Constantine, a personal friend of the Green Arrow where they met on an isolated island in the South China Sea

It's like my comic books all over again.

Also, how many monarchs has Sarah "conquered" now?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

I was joking earlier, but after what I've seen this season in particular, I believe that they could plausibly pull of a "womp womp the Spear was a fake all along" twist. Though Laurel and Snart appearing on the call sheet for the finale makes me doubt that because it seems like Sara and/or Mick will use the Spear to bring them both back to life, either temporarily or permanently.

But who knows :shrug:

I'd wager everyone grabs the spear all at once and part of the episode is them in their desired world before they wake up and stop it.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I think that episode out and out confirmed that Sara was Bi. Or at least what some of the crew thinks she is.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

I'm not sure if I should ask here, but considering this is the only DC CW thread I have on bookmarks, I might as well ask.

Are any of the shows worth watching now? I definitely didn't want to continue after Arrow S4/Flash S2 were loving terrible (and LoT S1 was good but horribly flawed). I see this thread has been really positive, which is a surprise, and a friend that only watches LoT is really enjoying it too. Are the other shows on the rise too? I'd like to get back on the DC train but I don't want to watch Arrow S4/Flash S2 again.

Supergirl is good. Arrow S5 is a return to form ala season 2. Flash is still kinda bad though

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

So, was this the first time that anyone from the Legion referred to the team as the Legends? If so, I'm glad that both teams have finally abandoned all pretense and have just started to refer to each other with stupid comic book monikers :allears:

I feel like they encountered each other off-screen at some point or possibly while Eobard was with Ray or while he was on the ship, he heard them talk about the Legion and they just rolled with it alongside calling them the Legends as Rip and them refer to each other.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Burning_Monk posted:

The suit is very powerful, but Ray everyone but Sarah is a constant gently caress-up.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Mr Beens posted:

How did the Legion know where the Idiots were to send Snart and Dharararch after them?

They assumed that the Legends would be at the absolutely worst time to try and obtain the vial.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

Rip Hunter, Tiny Drunken Cake Wizard filled a hole in my life that I didn't know existed until now.

ftfy

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

bull3964 posted:

It's a completely made up timeline, it doesn't have to follow cause effect rules.

"I want a timeline where all the superheroes exist and I'm able to vanquish them."

Hank Heywood noticed as much. Presumably, the Spear altered reality such that all of the things they wanted either suddenly happened, creating full breaks between the period when they left to when they reemerged or such that preceeding events were altered to some natural or unnatural degree such that they would lead up to that point happening.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
So, Time Broken LA speculations:

I'm guessing at least some of these will show up:
  • Kamandi
  • anyone related to Skartaris
  • Gnarrk
  • Booster Gold (though unlikely since I think he's embargo'd for some project or another)
  • Shining Knight (I'd hope for Ystina)
  • any character that was basically part of "The War that Time Forgot" including G. I. Robot, Sgt. Rock, Enemy Ace, the Haunted Tank and the Creature Commandos
  • Atomic Knight
  • Etrigan
  • The Challengers of the Unkown

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Actually, I expect season 3 to start off in media res and then explain poo poo from there.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Longbaugh01 posted:

Also, Stein singing Edelweiss (also the theme from Man In The High Castle (and yes from Sound Of Music)) in that one episode with Nazis. Wait...how many episodes with Nazis have there been?

You're right of course, but I forgot when they came back later. Can you refresh my memory?

Only two or three Nazi episodes I think, surprisingly.

They came back for the crossover. I assume they sorta resigned themselves to protecting the timestream after the events of season 1 and foregone returning after they left.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I'm sad during every episode that Darvill was cast as Rip Hunter instead of Booster Gold, and even sadder that Routh was cast as Ray Palmer way back on Arrow, and not Ted Kord Blue Beetle (considering that was who the Arrow writers originally wanted, and he's always been written way more like Ted than like Ray).

I'm fine with Darvill being Rip Hunter. He's basically channeling his own version of the Doctor and that's fine. I've never seen Darvill playing anything close to the bombastic egoist that Booster is so idk how good he'd be in that role.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

muscles like this! posted:

They kind of made the concept of Booster obsolete with the Legends. There really isn't any reason for him to show up in the CW shows.

The base concept of Booster is just some washed up has-been from the future trying to get a second chance at fame with a few future gadgets and his charm. It's only relatively recently that he's any sort of relevant force in fixing or even investigating time and it really only works as a contrast to his original appearances.

Burning_Monk posted:

Great Outdoors was just cancelled so Joe McHale is available... just saying.

I was actually thinking James Roday.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Wheat Loaf posted:

Brotherhood of Evil might be fun villains for this show. Them and other Doom Patrol bad guys. You have Warp, who can travel in time; General Immortus, who's an immortal soldier who taught Sun Tzu how to fight; Madame Rouge, who has super-stretching powers; Houngan, who's a high-tech voodoo priest; Plasmus, who's a German sludge monster who can melt anything he touches; the Brain, who's a brain in a jar on a Dalek body; and Monsieur Mallah, a heavily-armed super-intelligent French gorilla.

Their whole motivation for the past 30 years or so is that the Brain and Monsieur Mallah are in love and they're trying to find technology that will let the Brain grow a body so he can gently caress a talking gorilla.

The Doom Patrol and their whole rouges gallery is 200% too good for this world and they'll never get their own series.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Rip should find a new group of time masters and pursue the Legends trying to correct their aberrations. The whole season they are on the run from an unknown pursue and it's just another group of better superheroes.

A team composed of Firefly, Rocket Red, Animal Man, Natasha Irons, Jason Blood/Etrigan, Booster Gold and led in the field by Tarantula

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Chokes McGee posted:

Sarah: QUICK WE NEED A NEW POWER
Mick: :haw:
Mitch: Aw son of a—

I know in DC One Million, he has a device that essentially kills him with an instant acting poison so he can just rereoll his powers as needed

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Aleph Null posted:

Is The Quiz's power literally "any power that the other guy hadn't thought of yet?"

Yes. It's also very hard to think of every power in the time it would take for The Quiz to subdue someone. In their fight with Negative Man (or was it Rebis at this point?), he starts thinking of all of the usual powers and even some more strange ones while trying to fight until The Quiz straight up stops him with "the power to create spirit trapping jars"

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Its Rinaldo posted:

This is required

This is the only thing that's necessary.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

TFRazorsaw posted:

Captain Sara Lance, Time Bisexual

The only males that we've seen her romance were Ollie and Snart (sorta). All of her liaisons in the past have been women

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

The Lord Bude posted:

She's not bisexual, she just likes loving Queens.

Sarah Lance, Queen Layer

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

TFRazorsaw posted:

Reasons for not acknowledging bisexuality:

She's not banged a dude in a while but she did kiss one and that apparently doesn't count
"Time lesbian" sounds cheesier/rolls off the tongue better/wordplay is important apparently

Wordplay is really important when making memes. It's like poetry. It doesn't have to be correct to sound good.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

TFRazorsaw posted:

More reasons for not acknowledging bisexuality:

Memes

More reasons for not acknowledging bisexuality:

To spite TFRazorsaw

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Andrew_1985 posted:

We need a full list of who Captain Sara Lance, Time Lesbian has romanced.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Lists_of_queens

as a start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

hangedman1984 posted:

OMG! I never knew I needed Sara to seduce Dahrhrhhhk's adult daughter until right now! Imagine his reaction!!

Imagine if it was the other way around and Sara's reaction to that

• Locked thread