Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

V-Men posted:

I like no one bothers to recollect how Reverse Flash had his own Gideon who was completely content to let him gently caress with the timeline.
I don't think any of them know. The only people aware that Gideon was linked to RF are Barry, Cisco and Caitlin who found out in the secret room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
I imagine there is some weird time reason bullshit that he can't kill them all yet. He didn't kill Barry for a loooong time just because he needed him around.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

nine-gear crow posted:

I dunno. This season's had 100% less Captain Cold in it than last year. So I wouldn't call it a complete improvement :v:
He's coming back at the mid-season finale, which is right after the crossover episode.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

hollylolly posted:

Why doesn't anyone mention to Vixen's grandma that by leaving 1942 to time travel with the League of Legendary Fuckups that she's causing an aberration and that now Vixen won't be born, Oliver never [spoiler?] rescues his son from Darhk with her help and blah blah blah, ripples through time et cetera.

Or are they just saving that for Rip to say when he parachutes back into the show? I think I answered my own question.
Maybe time is circular and Vixen is meant to have a child with Nate?

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

R-Type posted:

Victor Garber is probably getting ready ready to jump ship. Seems like a good opportunity to swap him out for the showrunners.
Not sure where you get this impression from. He seems to enjoy doing the show and it's very noticeable that they aren't using Firestorm that much this season compared to last, likely to save on their budget.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Where did this thought that Victor Garber wants to leave even come from, cause I sure haven't seen anything about it online. The only thing Garber has said he'd refuse to do is get into a costume and do stunt work, which is why having him be the mental part of Firestorm makes perfect sense. He gets to play out the dramatics of a comic book superhero without ever needing to put on spandex (or in CW's case, leather.)

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

muscles like this! posted:

So apparently in an interview recently Marc Guggenheim said he is thinking about doing a Heatwave spinoff.
The only character on this show who deserves her own series is Sara Time Lesbian Lance.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Holy poo poo that next week promo was only 20 seconds long but I'm already excited.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Neon Knight posted:

There was so much "Barry Allen you hosed up." this episode that I am surprised Reverse Flash didn't show up to soak it all in.
Seriously, I was wishing for him to pop up just to enjoy some Barry Allen misery. Alas it'd probably just take up more time than they had.

Though really I don't understand why no one on the LOT team was like "hey Barry so we're dealing with an evil speedster" and asked if he knew anything.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

BrianWilly posted:

J'onn's been pretty useless in most fights, to be honest.
He has to be dumbed down because he's basically on the same level as Kara and Clark + being a shapeshifting telepath.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Chortles posted:

Didn't Season 1 Hank Henshaw claim that Superman said that J'onn was more powerful between them?
I can't recall that admittedly, but it's just a fact that gets overlook because J'onn isn't as popular as Supes. On a short list of DC heroes who can face Kryptonians with a fighting chance, J'onn is right up there because he has similar physical strengths and has extra powers that they don't. The only thing Kryptonians have to combat Martians is heat vision, since that's the big weakness.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Honestly I would watch a whole show just about Eobard, Darhk and Malcolm being assholes across the timeline.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
I think in general, the producers make the show with some expectations that all viewers will be a fan of at least one show and have at least a passing knowledge of the other, between Arrow and Flash. Like they don't really bother explaining who Damien or Malcolm are, and the latter has been a big part of Arrow's supporting cast since season 1 (granted his importance to the narrative diminishes with each season, which I guess is why he's on LOT this season instead.) Anyone who hasn't at least read up on Arrow will have no idea the significance of his conversation with Sara in this episode.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
In Eobard's defense, the first time was Eddie getting in a surprise fatal move and then the second time Eobard was implied to be a significantly earlier version who even Barry was as fast as. The other two have no excuse though, especially not Damien with his bullshit magic powers.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
He doesn't have them yet at the time period he's pulled from, if I'm understanding right.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
The EPs mentioned that Thawne's reason for wanting the Spear of Destiny is that he's not a "whole" person, and what that exactly means will be explained in episode 10. I think what they'll go for is that the Eobard on LOT is a split version of the Eobard from Flash S1, and he needs the spear to come back to full power.

This justifies story-wise why he's so horribly nerfed that he doesn't just murder everyone in like five seconds flat.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

DoctorWhat posted:

THEY'RE SO STUPID

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Black Flash in a two minute scene > Zoom all of Flash Season 2

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
So are we all in agreement this is the best CW DC show right now? The show should get points alone for the dramatic improvement from s1 to s2.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Narcissus1916 posted:

I know someone said this is all Flashpoint related (like everything else in this goddamn universe), but is this the same Thawne who just randomly showed up midway in season 2 of The Flash?
Basically there are two Thawnes. One of them is Wellsobard, who got erased when Eddie killed himself. This Thawne came out of Flashpoint, and has thus regained his existence because Barry pulled him out of the timeline. However he's being hunted by Black Flash, who seeks to erase the living paradox that is Thawne's continuing existence.

Both these Thawnes have the same past up until the night Nora dies. One of them killed her, and went on to be Wells. The other was thrown in a cage for three months, was then released to kill Nora, but due to the divergence continued to exist as a separate entity.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Neon Knight posted:

Is it clear what Merlyn would actually change in his past given the chance? His treatment of Rip makes it look like they want him to have a chance at redemption but I suspect he would think to get revenge on his enemies before he would save his wife or Tommy.
"This is the part where he says how we was once Ra's al Ghul."

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Honestly everyone talks about how they want Black Siren redeemed and brought to the Arrow team, but she would be far better treated on LOT. Mainly because Guggenheim won't be able to shaft her in favor of Felicity.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Dracorion posted:

My only worry for this show is I don't know how they could top the Legion of Doom next season.
Just bring them back next season, only with a more expanded membership.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Rhyno posted:

Mark Hamill reportedly had the time of his life reprising the Prankster role, I;m sure he'd be up for a team up.
He's too busy shooting some dumb movie about war in space, like anyone cares about THAT.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Zebulon posted:

Earlier in the season, I think with the mobsters, he looked to Thawne and asked "so should I take care of them or you?" while seemingly unarmed. Seemed to imply he has at least some of them.

I don't think he has any. Even without magic, Damien is a master assassin. A couple armed goons aren't any trouble for him.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
"Hello Mr. Lance? Yes hello, we're calling to let you know that Sara is dead... yes sir, again... yes sir, for the third time."

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
I'm pretty sure they're week skipping in preparation for sweeps. They spread out the second half of the season like this every year with a couple episodes and then weeks of delay in between. It is by far the most annoying thing about television.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Stunt Rock posted:

Incorrect. They did this last year and it sucked. They aren't doing it this year. Only the one week break as far as we know.
No they definitely did it a couple years ago. I remember because Flash Season 1 aired and they kept us in major suspense over the middle part of the season, when the Thawne plot was finally starting to kick into the main storyline. They're definitely doing multiple breaks this year again for sweeps week - otherwise they can't time Flash's big plot this year when Iris is not-coincidentally scheduled to be killed by Savitar on the day the season finale normally airs.

That said, it will be seen how many breaks LOT has in particular when it only has a handful of episodes left now. They'll probably want to make sure the last couple air on the sweeps if nothing else.

lotus circle fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Feb 9, 2017

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

nine-gear crow posted:

It's like, yeah, unless I've missed something lately, Thawne's primary motivations for villainy are just 1) write himself back into existence and outwit the Black Flash, and 2) continue to make Barry Allen's life miserable. If I were Team Legends, I'd say that's a major case of "not my problem," all told. Malcolm just wants to be Ra's al Ghul again and maybe not be such a gently caress up dad to Thea(?), again another round of "not my problem, let him have the drat spear then." Now when we get to Dahrk, that's where things go to pot with his whole "I want to nuke everyone I don't like" thing.

That's something you can reasonably classify as "my problem."
Well I imagine they don't want a sociopathic time traveler running around loving poo poo up, which he would do ten-fold if he got his existence back and didn't have to worry about the Black Flash anymore. And I doubt Sara wants to see the League of Assassins running around again after Nyssa disbanded them for the greater good.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Slandible posted:

Ya no poo poo. Is that the actual voice actress, or am I oblivious to a voice over?
Yeah that's the actual voice actress playing the role.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Honestly with all the future tech the ship has, I feel like there's a perfect excuse to just give Gideon a robot body and upload the A.I. into it. Gideon is as much a character on this show as the others, I feel like they could just bring her on physically as well.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Licarn posted:

Is anyone going to tell/ask Rip about future Barry's warning, or has everyone forgotten about that?

And by "everyone" I mean the writers.
That warning was included in the Dominators crossover plot.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Xelkelvos posted:

I think that episode out and out confirmed that Sara was Bi. Or at least what some of the crew thinks she is.
She was always bi, it's just that CW had been rumored to pressure the producers to just make her lesbian and ignore that she was once in love with Oliver and had a thing for Cold.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

LadyPictureShow posted:

I asked this after I finished S1, but I'm guessing nothing came of Jax warning his father about the IED in Mogadishu in this season?
Doesn't seem so. They made a whole effort of giving Stein a daughter just because he danced with his younger wife and told his younger self to not be a dunce, so if they wanted to do something with it I think they would have already done it. Just one of those plot points that have been dropped.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

STAC Goat posted:

Based on Stein and his daughter it seems to be a gradual thing. Initially he didn't even recognize her but as time went on he said that he was getting all these memories of her.

I assume that fits into all the "outside the time stream" and "it takes a while for changes in history to solidify" stuff Rip's always saying.
But Jax saved his father months before Stein caused a daughter to be born out of nowhere and hasn't gotten any indication of new memories out of it. I think this really is just a plot thread forgotten.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
I mean both of those statement are true.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Blaze Dragon posted:

I'm not sure if I should ask here, but considering this is the only DC CW thread I have on bookmarks, I might as well ask.

Are any of the shows worth watching now? I definitely didn't want to continue after Arrow S4/Flash S2 were loving terrible (and LoT S1 was good but horribly flawed). I see this thread has been really positive, which is a surprise, and a friend that only watches LoT is really enjoying it too. Are the other shows on the rise too? I'd like to get back on the DC train but I don't want to watch Arrow S4/Flash S2 again.
LOT s2 is a massive improvement from s1. You still shouldn't think about it too hard, but it's by far the most enjoyable of the four shows.

Flash isn't bad, but the promising beginning it had at the start has taken a nosedive. The melodramatics got amped up in the most recent episodes especially, and everyone keeps promising every five seconds to not keep secrets and then breaks that promise in the next five seconds after. I still watch it, but the writers need to stop rehashing the same poo poo they did in s1 and s2 if they want it to be a good show again.

Arrow I haven't been watching, but I heard it's better than the more recent seasons have been. The side characters seem to be the most enjoyable aspect from what I've read.

Supergirl I have also not watched, but all readings I've done on it seem to say it has not been as good as s1. And s1 was already borderline good, so this season doesn't sound promising at all.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
This was a good episode. Especially loved Thawne's little "I'm not dying on the moon" while Ray tries to have his The Martian moment.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

bbf2 posted:

Thawne mentioned that he missed working with Caitlin and Cisco....I thought this Thawne was plucked directly from 1998 after killing Barry's mother and this version hadn't gone on to become Tom Cavanaugh and wouldn't have any memories of that stuff. In fact I'm pretty sure that this was clearly stated in the Flashpoint episode of the Flash. Oh well who cares.
Writers forgot their own continuity, again. Someone proposed his memories could be merging with those of Thawne-Wells, the same way Barry got Flashpoint memories that were overriding his original ones. But yeah, again, writers hosed up their continuity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Flash should just be a show about Eobard Thawne heroically fighting against the reckless speedster Barry Allen, who keeps trying to blow up the timeline every time one of his friends or family members dies.

• Locked thread