Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
It isn't that Thawne has no powers in zero gravity, it's that they wouldn't be effective. You can't run in space and your movements would be slowed down as well. As soon as they landed the Waverider back on Earth, he immediately phased out of his holding cell (unlike some idiot speedsters named Barry Allen) and ran off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

He could've phased his hand through Ray's head instead of punching him.
Yeah but then we wouldn't have gotten this:

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Technically Barry was the first, historically speaking. Eobard is only born centuries after the Flash is created. So again, Barry is the true villain.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
"It's the blood of-"
"CHRIST you're so predictable"

Why can't all the DC shows be this good?

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Dracorion posted:

I'm going to assume the reason Merlyn was barely in this episode is because he actually physically travelled into the musical dream sequence in the Flash/Supergirl crossover.
It was mentioned at the end that he went to get the codex that made the Spear work.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Yeah there's one more episode and the other shows won't end until May, but I'm calling Legends S2 for MVP of the DCTV season. It really feels like the writers took a good hard look at what worked last season and what didn't, and fixed the most glaring issues and mistakes. The first half was just ok, but the back-half following Chicago Way has been nothing but sheer excellence each week.

I hope Season 3 is just as good, and I hope they keep some of the Legion of Doom around even after this. I think having three/four villains that most viewers are familiar with, and who are also just amazingly entertaining in their roles, helps a great deal.

On that note: highlight of the episode was the Nate and Damian almost high-fiving each other. That whole moment was perfection.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Guy Goodbody posted:

They established that people can have different haircuts in this alternate reality. So we've got present day Vixen, past Vixen, and now alter reality Vixen, and none of them have had short hair. DCCW is bullshit.
Especially dumb since animated Vixen has short hair, but I guess the actress playing her didn't want to chop her locks for an Arrow guest role.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Friendly reminder: season finale airs tonight at 8pm EST, since Flash is on break. iZombie's season premiere is at 9pm and you should also watch that show because it's really good.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Ehh I feel like this finale was a little underwhelming. It didn't help that they had a super awesome shot of Eobard gathering up a poo poo ton of Reverse Flashes, which you would think could kill everyone in like two seconds but nope. Though it's kind of weird that they mindwiped Damien and Snart, but no mention of Malcolm getting his memories erased.

Anyways here's hoping for Kamandi!

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Phenotype posted:

I think this was kinda suspension-of-disbelief overkill, to be honest, especially after they showed one Thawne just run over and rip out Ray's heart before he could react. I think that fight would have been better if it was just one Thawne versus the Legends. Play it exactly the same otherwise, just have it be a single Thawne zipping around instead of fifty.
Yeah I agree. The moment of them all coming to the scene was a huge "OH poo poo" but then the actual fighting began and you remember how nerfed Reverse Flash has been this season. They basically have to keep justifying reasons for him to not kill everyone in the blink of an eye, but there was no good reason for him to not grab the spear right away. And honestly the graphics on it looked pretty bad, as did the final shot of the episode. I think they must have ran low on their effects budget and just threw whatever they could at these two scenes.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
I bet at least one of them was just doing some grocery shopping when he suddenly got the call for a me party.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Rhyno posted:

Maybe speedster time travel is immune to time quakes.
I think in general speedsters are immune to paradoxes. In Season 2 of Flash, Barry literally met himself from Season 1 (Eobard was there, looking like he wanted to die from Barry Allen's stupidity) and the world didn't explode. Time wraiths pretty much act as speedster's checks and balances, and go after them when they have truly hosed up.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Would love to see Kamandi, if even for a couple episodes. Though honestly if Rip is going to be away, I'd like them to finally commit to Booster Gold but they seem hesitant to pull that trigger.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Guggenheim already confirmed Rip would appear in Season 3, but I assume it'll just be a more minor role. So no different than season 2, considering he was absent for half the season and only actually rejoined the team proper in the last handful of episodes.

Honestly I'm surprised Mick is still on this team, considering everyone treated him like dirt all season long. Not that I want to see him go, but he would have the most in-character reasons to depart.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Honestly if we could get rid of Stein without losing Jax, I would be down for that. Not that I don't like Victor Garber, but Stein was just not utilized well this season aside from the first batch of episodes before the break. He would actually be much more useful on Flash again, as they don't really have a wordly science-type of person there this season (as their current Wells is pretty incompetent.) But I've really come to love Jax this season, with him being a quasi co-captain to Sara due to his knowledge of how the ship functions. I would be sad to see him go, so Stein has to stay if only because those two are treated as a package deal.

I also never got the hate Rip had. A lot of his problems had to do with 1) treating him like a competent captain when he wasn't and 2) attaching him to the Vandal stuff that fell super flat. They fixed the first one by admitting that he was a lovely leader and having Sara take his place, and the second doesn't even get mentioned this season. Last season he was the most serious character; this season he spent a year baking cakes and getting drunk on a mini-sized Waverider in the darkest timeline.

Hawks were absolute garbage though and I hope they don't ever return.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Yeah Firestorm was like non-existent this season. Stein and Jax fused way more in season 1 in comparison. This season I think I can maybe recall only four or five times they fused.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
They probably want bigger name actors in general for a Harry Potter spinoff. I'm sure Arthur will be fine though.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

TFRazorsaw posted:

I finished season 2.

I wonder what Eobard'll do to get of death this time. It's bound to happen, considering he's the Arrowverse's best villain not named Slade.
I'm sure Barry will do something to gently caress up the timeline and bring him back again.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Rhyno posted:

There's still time for Barry to gently caress everything up
It's never too late for Barry to do something idiotic.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Pizdec posted:

That's quite an act you got there. And what do you call it?
The Flash Season 4.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

muscles like this! posted:

It's really weird that they went through the entire process of designing and giving Nate a costume and he wore it like once.
Yeah I never got the point of that either. Maybe because it was the big superhero crossover they thought him being in like a jacket and jeans would be lame compared to everyone else around him, but even so.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

muscles like this! posted:

Some websites are speculating that its an indicator that there's a new person in the Matrix. Although it could just be a way of showing both characters so people didn't speculate that Stein was off the crew.
Yeah there's really no logic to this speculation. Pretty much ALL of LOT's advertising posters have Stein and Firestorm on it.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
My only concern is that the new character's whole shtick sounds almost identical to that of Hawkgirl. And we all know how that turned out.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
I guess if Legends of Tomorrow is going to actually be a good show now, it should get a new thread for the new season. It earned that much with S2.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
It seems like we're get a more magical orientated LOD, with Damien and Amaya's other granddaughter (Mari's sister from the CW Seed animated show) involved.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Yeah it sucks a lot, but we wouldn't have gotten Amaya if not for her bad scheduling so I don't mind so much.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

hangedman1984 posted:

Any idea what the issue is? Matt Ryan always seems to have a lot of fun in the role. Is it DC being dicks again with what characters they're aloud?
It's not DC, but NBC. They may not be doing anything with the property, but they still have some say in how Constantine is depicted on TV outside their network. CW had to broker a deal with them to just get him to appear on Arrow and then his own animated short on CW Seed.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

nine-gear crow posted:

Not yet...? I can't tell because we don't have access to CW Seed in Canada. It was announced back in January so I'm guessing it'll premiere in the fall along with season 3 of Vixen. WB's been surprisingly committed to Matt Ryan's Constantine regardless of how much of a struggle it is to actually get him on screen at all, so there's hope yet.
He himself really loves the role and fans love him in it. Movies are easier because WB just distributes those themselves, but for anything TV they need to go through NBC because they technically still own rights.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Yeah I wish they would allow themselves a little more variety. JL: Action has a much more cartoonier style and it looks great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
"We actually saved the world - twice!"
"So why does it still suck?"

I like this new character, she can stay.

• Locked thread