Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
I'm starting to think the acting disparity is time with the character.

1. White Canary has upped her game, but sh'es probably had the most hours with her character.
2. the occasional casualty aside, Captain Cold nailed it out out of the park since day 1.
3. Heatwave is fantastic, but he's basically playing Jayne Cobb the enforcer.
4. The Atom is next in acting level, but he also was kept out of the better scenes (and channeling ted kord really helps as well). But you'll also notice that by cutting off our heroes here, it's a more solid a team (3 crooks and an optimist :p)
5. Firestorm is a problematic character. There are only a handful of character's that are at his power level and the only one that comes close is Flash and it's really isn't close. Of the two actors, Professor Martin Stein is the better of the two in acting and again, it's because he's had a longer chance to strut their stuff. Jefferson Jackson had one episode to connect pre series and he's feels bloody stereotypical. I hope that changes over time.
6. The Hawks biggest problem is that they are a codependent relationship that is grudging. Carter Hall comes off as a creep because of it. and Chay-Ara really is being pushed towards the "I'm in an arranged marriage" storyline. I so prefer the dcau version for Sheyera. I'd kill off Hawkman, give Vandal Savage his powerset, and force Chay-Ara to figure out her powers while living alone (because Hawkman isn't going to reincarnate this time).

The real exception is Rip Hunter and that's probably because we're seeing him play Rory as a time lord. I'm enjoying it immensely :D

That being said, the potential is there and we'll see how it goes. This might be the closest to seeing a Justice League Movie that doesn't suck. :p.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Ultimately savage needs a "enforcer team" to throw against the heroes.

I guess the big question is whom can they use?

<crosses fingers for secret six.> :D

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

great

now I'm imagine a version of legends of tomarrow where instead of hawkman, we get harvey birdman - attorney at law. :p.

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

BrianWilly posted:

Wentworth Miller is great but Brandon Routh really deserves a ton of cred for some of the best lines of the episode too. They play off really well together.

I'm a firm believer that for all the faults of super man returns, Brandon Routh wasn't one of them.

I'm enjoying immensely his version of Ray "not Ted" Palmer and hope he's able to hold his own against the three crooks (cold, heat wave and white canary) as the generally descent human being of the group.

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

can we officially call this series doctor red power vs blue ranger firefly who?

Because somehow it has managed to blend them all together and make it the greatest cheese ever made. :p.

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

to hell with you guys

ray as a giant robot stomper = win
snart, sara and mick showing how it's done = win

hell even jax wasn't as irritating as normally as he was ray's copilot and gave the friendship speech well. :p

If the premise wasn't so bloody flawed, this would be one of the best shows ever.

(and why are these guys feeling more like heroes then arrow or @#$@#$ flash?)

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

ZRM posted:

That's CAPTAIN Time Lesbian to you.

and her sidekicks Klepto and Pyro. :p

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Legends of Tomarrow - "I love roasting Nazi's" :D

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

if memory serves me correctly, malcolm merlyn and captain cold will joining them shortly so expect more ham then a pig farm. :D

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

DC's Legends to Tomorrow- Looking for ninjas in all the wrong places. :d:p.

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

R-Type posted:

Josh Barrowman ate that goddamn pussy like a loving boss, probabally tapped the poo poo out of it, and still went home afterward and relocated his partners prostate to the back of his throat, because he is Barrowman

and now Barrowman appropriates the 60's adam west batman theme song for his own. :D

Na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, Barrowman!
Na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, Barrowman!
Barrowman, Barrowman, Barrowman!

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Argue posted:

Stein: "Speedsters have temporal manipulation. Chronokinesis."
Mick "Literally used to be named Chronos" Rory: "English, Professor."

It's even funnier when he revealed that he has been playing the simpleton and confessed it to vixen that yes he knows big words. ;)

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

I kind of want Darhk to pull out the telekinesis again

it's a cheap power to do on camera and even if it's only a fragment of the power, it could have some serious application.

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Legends of Tomorrow - Hitler Ruins everything! :D

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

"we'll let you know when you can control your evil army"

"Finally I get to fullfill my destiny"

yet another episode stolen by mick's dialogue. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Tiggum posted:

Mick is the actually competent one who steps up to save everyone when they inevitably gently caress up.

yup

he's the guy that points out the obvious things everybody misses.

He's also the muscle and thief. 8-)

• Locked thread