Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
This show is so loving weird, they threw Arthur Darvill in a Doctor cosplay (which was part of Rory's background in DW funnily enough) and now he's leading history's D-listers in a crusader against Super-Hitler. I mean, I suppose they had to do something with that swelling beer gut of spandex types they have running around (not having watched Arrow beyond like the first three episodes and the Flash crossovers, the whole thing with the Lances is striking me as even weirder than Stein being a pro date rapist or the eternally cringeworthy Hawkship now with Hawkbaby).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
Please add a separate entry in the OP for Professor Stein, codenamed "The Wildcard" :chanpop:

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Xealot posted:

But it's hard to have the villain express a complex personal ethos on a pulp superhero show starring Dr. Who and the Discount Avengers. I just wish Vandal Savage was a more entertaining kind of ridiculous than he is. If we're sticking to Burn Gorman roles, I want Karl Tanner, the fuhkin' legend of Gin Alley.

Please, the Discount Avengers would have had Green Arrow and Flash along. They're the Discount Doom Patrol, and I'm only saying that because I actually like the plucky underdogs.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
their reckless time-travel shenanigans have torn holes in the very fabric of the plot itself!

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
A small price to pay for not accidentally shooting someone with an arrow, come on goons

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, pulling his carcass from the rubble and, using their time-traveling spaceship, dropping him off near the sun or the heat death of the universe or even an active volcano is asking too much

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Drifter posted:

Neil Patrick Harris could totally work on the Flash because he's one of the most famous jays around.

I think the Flash has more than enough Jays

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

ApeHawk posted:

No, that's Earth-2.

Um to him, this is Earth-2 and he comes from Earth-1 :colbert:

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Narcissus1916 posted:

The fight scene against the pirates was honestly fantastic.

Captain Cold and Sara's heart to heart allowed both actor's some needed space to emote.

But lord allmighty, all the Rip Hunter stuff remains awful. Its like deleted scenes from some poo poo 70s space show. Referencing Star Wars and Trek just reminds me how derivative and schlocky Rip's material is.

Watch as this show racks up the sci-fi references to every series but the one about an angsty time-traveling Brit in a ridiculous coat

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

hiddenriverninja posted:

Is there some dumb reason why they couldn't just go to 2165 and get his wife and kid?

Well, if I were a good writer, I'd say because if he saves them, he is never pushed into his crusade against Savage, so Savage never learns about Rip Hunter or his family, so he never seeks them out and kills them, so Rip is never pushed into his crusade against Savage...

Of course, the real answer to your question probably lies here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VF7cO4t0o9c

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
I think that Rip has said Rory more times than the 11th Doctor ever did at this point (if only because he was also Mr. Pond). Passed out Mick was my favorite touch in this silly episode

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
the best Savage will always be the one from the JL episode where he destroyed the world and then became a regular chill dude

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

STAC Goat posted:

I mean, it was quick but I'm not sure how you can miss that outfit.

I also briefly spotted Reverse Flash or someone wearing the yellow suit.

That is Matt Letscher reprising his role as Eobard Thawne. :flash:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

FactsAreUseless posted:

I don't think Letscher's Thawne is as good as uhhh... whatever the guy who plays Wells is named, but I'd love to see more of him so he has a chance to put a distinct take on the character.

how dare you forget Tom Cavanagh, whom the only other role I can associate with is JD's brother on Scrubs

• Locked thread