Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Goddamn that was a fun debut. They had a lot of exposition to cram in, but once everything was laid out, the dynamics between team members were great. I would be totally fine if every episode is the brains of the team trying to get Savage while Sarah, Snart, and Rory just wander through time finding trouble.

Ray thinking that all his work was for nothing and then being told straight up that he is not important to time was pretty sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Man, that episode was so great and I couldn't stop smiling. The show is not afraid to just revel in the silliness of time traveling outcasts. Killing off the creepy rear end bummer that was Hawkman was the right call. The team doesn't need two people with identical powers and we learned last night that he wasn't even integral to killing Savage.

Snart and Leonard just trying to steal random artifacts for the sake of stealing them was great. I also liked Jax getting some character traits beyond athletic black kid. He likes busting on Stein but he is a good person who respects his superhero partner. He also seems to really have fun with superpowers which was a big plus for the Flash before Barry decided to become the world's fastest wallower.

I still hate White Canary's outfit but I can accept that because she is the best part of the show behind Captain Cold.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

enraged_camel posted:

It's actually pretty clear that their main enemy is the timeline.

This is a pretty salient point. Savage can be a fairly passive villain because the team has to constantly worry about fixing their mistakes while trying to stop him.

Also, have you ever had a knife thrown at you? It's scary.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Snart dying loving sucks especially because they used a line that was used to much better effect in Age of Ultron.

Other than that, I enjoyed the episode because it was just action and fun character interactions (Roy and Mick eating desserts). Hopefully season 2 will have White Canary leading the team. Maybe the Waverider can even get a salmon ladder since it was dropped by its main team.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

The Duke posted:

The triple murder was one of the best scenes in the whole season, especially when Mick just roasted him.

:agreed:

It worked because the team finally got to use their powers/abilities in a way that wasn't just different kinds of laser beam. Mick straight up set Savage on fire, Firestorm knocked missiles away like they weren't poo poo, and Sara was the cold-blooded assassin.

I hope that the writers realize that people just want LoT to be a haven of silly comic book action in the drama-bombed-out CWverse

• Locked thread