Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'd hope that "season 2" is actually an unconnected show complete with a new name and cast.

Except for Ray.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

FactsAreUseless posted:

The team tracks him to 1992 thanks to a rare surviving copy of his novelty album, Vandal Raps.

I want to hear Vandal's mixtape.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We won't see Carter again until they jump to like, 2040. He has to be born and grow to adulthood again.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
TV Savage is aware that he is immortal but is he aware that he is unkillable? They really need to show him getting nuked or something and shrugging it off.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Na'at posted:

Vandal Savage is just the stupidest god drat name

I can one up that.

His daughter is named Scandal.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Na'at posted:

Because the kids name wasn't Graffiti Barbarian or Hooligan Roughneck.

White people naming their kids extra retarded nonsense words in the future fits with the Lakyyyn style names popular now.

Per Degaton is an existing character with decades of history.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Codependent Poster posted:

Vandal Savage must REALLY like his beard and haircut to never change it over thousands of years.

He's probably like Wolverine, his hair resets to the point it was at when his powers activated.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

jscolon2.0 posted:

Her brother Randall really lucked out.

His uncle Handle is kind of bitter though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The year is 2016 and Rhyno can't handle the stereotypical young angry black man bullshit the writers are giving Jax and seriously the way Wentworth Miller delivers his lines got old after the second episode.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

GreenNight posted:

Be excellent to each other.

Party on dude.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

twistedmentat posted:

I realized what was bugging me about the future episode, it really felt like a Stargate Episode, and now the whole show just makes me think of Stargate.

I too daydream about better television when I watch this.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

McSpanky posted:

On Quantum Leap they called it "a kiss with history", but on this show it's more like "a clumsy teenage grope with history".

More like "making out with your drunk cousin in the basement."

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

McSpanky posted:

It's an actual thing, long story short he got caught in an Apache trial by combat with a sabotaged weapon and won by illegally pulling a second knife, but the chief only saw the knife and scarred him with a hot tomahawk in punishment for his dishonorable conduct. He's usually pretty seriously fugly, like this:

Hot Tomahawk would be a good band name.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bruceski posted:

Needs to be a bunch of white guys in really racist Native costume who don't know the difference between "making a joke" and "being part of the problem."

Band practice is on Thursdays. I will expect to see you there and you're in charge of makeup.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Chokes McGee posted:

In a wacky twist of fate, Sarah makes out with herself. She goes on to say it was alright at best.

This almost happened on Doctor Who, I'd be surprised if they don't do something close to it here.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SiKboy posted:

Rory made some offhand comment about how these hunters, unlike him/chronos, had (I think) "nothing human left" or similar, either near the start of the episode or possibly at the end of last weeks. Now, that could have just meant mentally/spiritually, or it could have been intended to mean that they were so cyborged that they were essentially robots, so "killing" them is no big deal. Honestly I didnt think it was particularly clear from context, but I'm happy enough to wave it off as "The BMX armour Bandits were robot types", because as you say it'd be pretty out of character for Ray to just start dropping fools.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5A5Mb__fiA

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SgtSteel91 posted:

It's a figure of speech, Ray! They're just bureaucrats, I don't respect them! Just keep punching holes in their chests, Ray!

4 posts up buddy.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This show is terrible. We have now have a full on trifecta of horrible DC television.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
God drat it. As soon as Carter shows up he ruins the show AGAIN.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I can't believe they didn't use the Scandal name. This show fails on so many levels.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

jscolon2.0 posted:

Sounds like a job for Time Lesbian.

Time Lesbian's destiny is to make out with herself first.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Darvill was also quite good in that other show with the actor from That Other Show but not the one he was on that show with at the same time, the other one.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The same people do not write every CW show.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
WHY ARE WE STILL WATCHING THIS.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Detective No. 27 posted:

She's in her twenties.

Never stopped 90210.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Chokes McGee posted:

Also the writers know exactly how to make Hawkgirl a badass because she had that 5 minutes of being herself, complete with zappy mace and HRRRRGGGGGH rage noises whenever she'd swing it. So if they know what the comics fans want and are actively avoiding it then that's malpractice imo

That version of Hawkgirl is not this version of Hawkgirl.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

twistedmentat posted:

It always seems like Carter gets his memories and then goes and finds Shiara and tells her they were meant to be together. Some writers have made it so both were in a position that it wasn't creepy, but the majority of stories I've read its always Carter being the one who starts it.

And yea, JLU did it best with Carter being portrayed as a creepy stalker and Batman wants to punch his lights out for stalking his friend. If creepers like Dini and Timm realize it's not right, then it's really not right.

JLU-Hawkgirl was also an alien who never buys into what Hawkman is selling. They never had a destiny to be together or history of reincarnation.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Shockingly satisfying finale. I wonder if Flash and Arrow will have good fina-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They also brought a future Carter back to 2016 and that probably fucks up the reincarnation sequence as well.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BrianWilly posted:

HAhahahahAHaa okay I hope you're all sitting down for this.

So, basically, we're getting Vixen for next season, except they can't get the Vixen actress, so instead of recasting the character of Mari McCabe, we're getting another Vixen from the past instead, who's an entirely new character.

I mean, that's better than recasting.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

8one6 posted:

So they're using the time traveling premise of their time traveling superhero show to recruit a superhero from time?

I'm not seeing a problem here.

Clearly you have not read BrianWilly.txt

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

boom boom boom posted:

It was hosed up, Vixen has short hair.

They're called extensions.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MiddleOne posted:

Shouldn't they be in post by this time of the year?

No? It's July. They have two whole months before the season debuts.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Amell posted about wrapping the season finale like three weeks before it aired.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BrianWilly posted:

Are you suggesting Heroes did not suck when David Anders was on

It still sucked, just a bit less.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Four Score posted:

That is Matt Letscher reprising his role as Eobard Thawne. :flash:

I have no problem with this, he did a great job each time he's appeared and it means we get yet another version of Harrison/Harry this year.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

twistedmentat posted:

I spend some time trying to track down the quote, but an WB exec was saying that they feel the brand is too damaged to make another movie, or have any related characters in the DCCU any time soon. Which to me would be like Marvel saying that because Ang Lee Hulk movie was bad, they won't have the Hulk in the MCU. Considering how important GLs are to the over all cosmic world of DC, I feel like ignoring it is like Marvel saying no Thor stuff.

I keep hoping Supergirl does something with it, because it would be easy to have Atrocitus or Larfeeze on Fort Ross and have her have to fight them, with Atrocitus being an interesting villain because his motivations are not hatred but grief.

But seriously, doing a JSA without Alan Scott is just wrong. Though do they have a Dr Fate?

Time Warner has a Green Lantern Corps film scheduled for 2020 and there's numerous rumors that a GL will cameo in a film before that.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Holy poo poo, crazy hair & beard Ray is the best.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That was not very good. They actually refer to their team as the Legends? Did they do that last season?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Duke posted:

That's how Rip recruited them, by saying they are legends in the future

I know Rip said it when he recruited them and Ray said it when they met Conner Hawke but it's a thing now?

So lame.

• Locked thread