Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

I just hope they give Heat Wave more lines delivered in that gravelly swagger..

"I like killing people"

<after they're told they'll settle for being criminals all their lives> "I'm good with that"

<in the middle of bar fight after he trashes a few bikers> "I LOVE the 70's!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Somehow I feel the show is also a partial homage to the Forgotten Heroes, who were last best used in an arc of Resurrection Man. And the timeship's name WaveRider is a homage to the same character created in Armageddon 2001, a transformed Matt Ryder who gained the power to time travel at will.. glad to see they're respectful of the source material at least..

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

From reading a lot of Justice Society books, Khufu almost always finds his way to Shayera over time.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Hey guys, guys..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZQRYe8a12s

Professor Stein meets his younger self.. wait until you hear who he poses as! :v:

http://www.cwtv.com/shows/dcs-legends-of-tomorrow/disco-inferno-interview/?play=a2705a55-0cfb-48ba-ac9c-3148139df05e

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jan 29, 2016

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Kammat posted:

BTW, here's actual 70's Victor Garber

Goddamn, he wasn't lying when he said he had a huge afro in his 20's in the interview!

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Jan 29, 2016

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

I know he's already committed to another show on another network, but I bet Damian Lewis would make a great Per Degaton, if they need a time traveling dictator to counter Rip.

Low low costume requirements too, just give him a black tunic, black pants, red gloves, and make him say "PFAUGH!" a lot.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

He was (very loosely) based on the Atom's Silver Age arch-enemy Chronos, the Time Thief, a dork who wore a creepy white mask, striped tights, and a cape.

And bore a strong resemblance to Richard Nixon when his mask was off.. LOL if they have the balls to show that in a future episode..

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

boom boom boom posted:

I wonder at what point in the writing process they decided to make the insanely sexy friendly billionaire with an Iron Man suit the guy everybody shits on.

Because that was genius.

He's pretty much the anti-Iron Man when you think about it, Stark is self centered, is always working with his company, and is insanely confident most of the time.

Palmer thinks he's as 'insignificant as a real atom,' basically severed with his company and doesn't bother to rebuild it, and lets himself get discouraged by microscopic shrapnel that he can totally blow away if he just grows a pair.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Doesn't the "Many Worlds" theory already posit that if there's more than one possible outcome for a situation, then there are universes that already exist for those outcomes?

Although I guess for a television audience that's way too deep, just keep everything in one universe or the ratings will drop. Alan Moore handled that pretty well in one of his Tom Strong arcs, I think it was one where Tom's original dad got killed and Tom Stone was born instead.

Anyway, yeah, sad thing about Mick.. maybe he just frosted Mick into suspended animation? He's done it before in the comics.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

BrianWilly posted:

Y'know, I'd forgotten that Ray Palmer and Carter Hall were actually very close friends in the comics.

They were the original Science Bros. Ray used to hang out on Carter's shoulder a lot in the Silver Age JLA comics. Ray also used to have his own tiny floating chair at JLA meetings.

It would make my week if they even got a previous Carter Hall back just for one episode so Ray could stand on his shoulder while Atom size.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

He was probably aiming for the pole, but only being able to use his legs to aim the gun probably meant he couldn't be very accurate.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

mrking posted:

The problem with the GL corp as I see it is that the ring users are only limited by their imagination but end up just shooting blasts of green energy due to poor writing or cheap sfx.

IMHO GL tech kinda works on the printed page, but probably elicits the same reaction cinematically as when Marshal Law went up against the Jesus League of America's zombified Blue Battery.

Edit: moviegoers will likely come to the same conclusion

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Apr 4, 2016

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

GreenNight posted:

Did they ever mention if Vandal Savage could have children?

In the comics, he has tons of kids/descendants whose existence is literally only to provide an organ bank for him; when one of his parts starts going on the fritz, he just goes to a family tree chart and picks one out, has them kidnapped/murdered and gets his part replaced.

Dunno how they handle the brain though.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Pretty sure the Time Mastahs are swole enough to have plucked the Pilgrim away at the last possible moment and substituted a pile of cigarette ash or cat fur along with her gun to throw the team off track. That's what comic book Rip did to save comic book Booster's sister anyway.

If she's important enough to them to let her gently caress with time any way she wants, you know, you try to keep your best assets in breathing condition.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Leviathan kind of reminds me of an Atomic Skull / Brainiac mashup. I get the feeling the only reason Ray could beat Leviathan was because Savage was stupid enough to assume he'd never have to fight another giant.

It felt like it was designed to spread fear and terror because of its size and just stomp the poo poo out of normal sized people and weapons/vehicles, but ultimately it was not sturdy enough to put up much of a fight against a similar sized enemy.

TBQH, it looked like a big glass clock with Cyalume nightsticks inside, when Ray smashed its head it should have fallen with a giant blinking "12:00" flashing on its chest.

The CGI was pretty fake looking but it did the job. It was kind of interesting how they were literally paying homage to Pacific Rim by doing some direct copies of the cinematography from the movie (the under crotch shots and the horizontally stationary-but-still-moving-right-at-you shots of Leviathan closing in,) and having Jax provide the same kind of two-man dynamic that helped drive the Jaegers.

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Apr 29, 2016

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Has anyone realized that by Mick telling Leonard that he is his 'hero,' that that's what got burned into his brain that night and helped psych him towards freezing his own hand off and eventually sacrifice himself in the previous episode?

Plus, Rip could always do what he did in the comics by pulling Snart out of the oculus explosion in the microsecond before detonation, or just pull 2013 Snart out of his time...

I'm fine with the JSA except for the fact it will likely bring back Carter Hall, because the Hawkman was a founding member of the original.. not to mention you're gonna see him around if they get that Thanagar War started..

And if Thanagar exists, shouldn't RANN as well? Ray shouldn't have to share the sky with just one flying dude..

Now, if they went into deep time and eventually got Justice Legion A involved.. :v:

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Last season I was actually rooting for Vandal Savage to totally trash the Legends because they're such obvious fuckups. This season I'm rooting for the Legion of Chewing Scenery because they're more charismatic than the 'idiots' trying to stop them.

This show never stops with the surprises, both in the show itself and the reaction it gets from me, I'm sure many others here feel the same. They're adapting only the best plot elements of the comics (and coming up with totally original stuff like lesbian time trollop) but making them come to life in totally natural and entertaining ways.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

If anyone noticed, Sara finally started calling their adversaries "the Legion" but also noted she didn't add the "of Doom" to it.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Yeah, they were telegraphing that Gideon was probably going to turn on them pretty well in the last few moments.

Why didn't Damien shank Ray when he had him dead to rights? Did he think it would get the 'idiots' angry enough to do the same to him?

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

I don't get it.. Thawne has no powers in zero gravity?! How does that work?!

So if the Black Flash can't get to him while he's in orbit why doesn't he just stay in space?

The Waverider is at times made out of either adamantium or paper maché, I swear.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

bull3964 posted:

I'm not really sure Ray is as powerful. His suit seems pretty fragile and gets sidelined pretty quickly.

I dunno, the suit was strong enough to allow him to thrash a giant robot at giant size (once he stole power from the Waverider's engines to enlarge him and the suit)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Zebulon posted:

Oh my god the waverider is shrunken down as a desk model.

This.

loving.

Show.

Seems like it's homage to this:

Star Trek TOS "Catspaw"

• Locked thread