Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Lgnds To Tomorrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
This seems terrible so far

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

raditts posted:

So this is basically Rory's solo adventures after the Doctor left him for dead, right

nothing will ever convince me otherwise

Mooseontheloose posted:

It's 8 minutes and they are bringing everyone together, give it a chance.

yeah maybe it'll settle down once they stop exposition dumping

like you said, i am a huge fan of getting this all over with in 10 minutes

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

nvm we still expositioning

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

BrianWilly posted:

The Hawks' relationship is kinda creepy yo

super creepy

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

creepy stalker boyfriend physically dominates the girlfriend who wants nothing to do with him into doing his will

white man roofies black youth to force him to do his will

I look forward to the essays about how Problematic this show is

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Rory Hunter owns

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

"I did him a favor!"

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

I think I would like this show more if it was just Rip

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

raditts posted:

Yeah, as long as this show winds up being the dumb, entertaining alternative to all the sulking and brooding in Flash and Arrow it's all right with me.

yeah this too

I want 0% angst and 100% dudes getting roofied and 70s barfights

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

hahaha, everyone beating Rory down owns

e: ahaha them all being chosen because they are worthless also owns

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

as someone more patient than me predicted the show got a lot better when we got done with exposition and got to the 70s, basically

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

oh poo poo Vandal Savage has a Homefill

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

I would like to point out that the thread title is still wrong

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

lotus circle posted:

Hate to double post, but here's a new clip from next week's show.

The visuals on Atom's shrinking aren't the best, but there's something highly amusing about all the crooks who try to snatch him while he blasts full sized lasers at them.

this is what this show needs to be

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Toxxupation posted:

if youre really into arthur darvill and specifically arthur darvill as rory williams on that other bad time-travelling sci-fi show how appealing is this show

Dude this show so far is basically What If Rory Was The Doctor and the answer is he would be way better at it

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

If you perceive ‘Hawkgirl’ as anything less than excellent, isn’t the real problem you?

hahaha

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Look I don't care about plot holes and continuity errors

just keep giving me ridiculous slomo shots of Caity Lotz and Arthur Darvill lookin fly as gently caress set to sweet period-appropriate jamz and I'm in for 5 seasons of these morons trying to kill a guy with some knives

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

That episode that CTV leaked early is so dumb. Why does Ray not take his suit on an infiltration mission where he could have just gotten in by virtue of being tiny? Why is Victor Garber a total moron when the plot demands it? Why are we dealing with not one, not two, but three equally boring ~bloodlust~/~hawkrage~ storylines in the Arrowverse right now? Why can this team of like twenty seven people with superpowers, energy weapons, a timetraveling spaceship and magic bullshit not handle some dude with a rifle from the future?

On the plus side: No appearance by Vandal Savage, Master of Knives, which is always a good thing. Captain Cold and Heat Wave continue to own. Ray is growing on me. I'm also seriously beginning to suspect Berlanti only made this show so he could put Caity Lotz and Arthur Darville in sexy outfits, which is A-OK with me.

Also, as dumb as this show is, as lame as Vandal Savage and Cronos are, and as nonsensical as the whole WHERE DID VANDAL SAVAGE GO??? :saddowns: thing that happened 5 minutes after Rip murdered him is, this show is fun in a way that Flash and Arrow just aren't lately.

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Feb 9, 2016

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

so what you're telling me is that I will never get to see Wentworth Miller chewing scenery in ancient Egypt?

this show is BULLSHIT :mad:

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFuMpYTyRjw

Ray and Firestorm are Angel Summoner. Everyone else is BMX Bandit.

I'm not entirely convinced Canary and the goon squad are even as good as BMX Bandit

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Jonny_Rocket posted:

One of the best lines so far from Snart: "Gideon! Bone me."

Also, 100% this:

I feel like this show would be a lot better if it was just Rip and the Rogues

incidentally, also a killer band name

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Also Kammat you rat gently caress is the title of this thread ever getting fixed? I am triggered so hard every time I see it :mad:

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

libertao posted:

I liked Wentworth Miller in the past, but am I the only one who is really tired of him delivering every single line with the same 1920s gangster sneer, regardless of context?

:frogout:

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

I am 38 and working on a good Reed Richards/Dr Strange level of grey at the temples.

So lets say they defeat Savage this season, who do they set up as the Villain of the second season? DC doesn't have quite the number of time traveling villains as Marvel does.

given that they can't even beat Chronos I'm thinking season 2's villain could be a troupe of cub scouts or perhaps one of those inflatable dancing men from a used car lot

either way, the legends will be totally stymied

TyrantWD posted:

Rip is on a mission to avenge his recently killed wife and child. It would be a little soon for him to jump back into a romance plot. With only 8 episodes left for the show, I don't think we will see any romance within the team.

yeah Darvill and Lotz just have great chemistry, I don;t think the characters are actually supposed to be down to bone

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Feb 21, 2016

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

King Mick owns so hard

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Old-rear end Ollie also owns

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Conor!

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

The Arrow motif mixing in with the Legends score was a nice touch

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

It's not like Oliver actually keeps his secret identity secret, they would have learned it within 5 minutes of entering Star City anyway

Damien Dahrk is the only guy who doesn't know

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Rip is Jeff? Firestorm are Abed and Troy? Mick is Pierce? I can get behind this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

frgildan posted:

Snart is totally Jeff. He plays it all cool but really down deep cares about the team. Rip would be Chang at best.

Rip has the glorious Winger mane, though, which Snart sorely lacks

• Locked thread