Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Roy's speciality is unnecessary parkour. By its very nature, it's...unnecessary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
God, this show is like beating your head against a wall. I hate that the writers' first instinct to any plotting conundrum is to make everyone impractically stupid until it goes away.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
The instant Carter got his memory back I started yelling "Stabhimagainstabhimagainstabhimagain!!!" and cheered when Savage did.

And was, thus, bitterly disappointed when it was revealed that he survived.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Like I said, it's hard to keep rooting for the heroes when they become impractically stupid whenever the plot dictates. Like...Savage didn't even outsmart Ray into letting him out, he just used the most trite, cliched gambit and Ray just suddenly became literally deficient enough to fall for it.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

tessiebee posted:

Eh, Rays weakness has always been his feelings. Idiot savant and all that.

Yeah, but there's "character flaw" and there's "bullshit". This show falls [i]wa-a-a-a-ay on the "bullshit" side of that line far too often. Nothing feels earned. Vandal Savage doesn't feel remotely like a mastermind so much as a pre-school teacher overseeing particularly dumb children.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I can't wait until next week, when the Legends of Tomorrow have Savage cornered, only to have him escape by throwing a sheet over himself and chasing them through the Vanishing Point because he's a g-g-g-g-ghost!!!

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I don't hate this show, it's just starting to annoy the hell out of me. I consider all three (four?) DC shows a single TV entity, so until all of them become unwatchable, I'mma try as hard as I can to stick with all of them.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Now I am going to be so disappointed when this doesn't happen :(

It won't. He'll stand in a corner with a lampshade on his head, instead. This will work flawlessly until Martin tries to change his lightbulb.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I'm enjoying that it sucks.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
This is the stupidest show ever, but at least it seems to know it and go full ham and cheese with it, which is fun.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

No Butt Stuff posted:

Reverse Flash was in the Speedforce (or some version of him was) when that happened, so whatever speedforce woohoo.

What happens in the speedforce stays in the speedforce.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

nine-gear crow posted:

I'm just going to assume that Malcolm couldn't bring himself to actually kill George Lucas, so he intentionally whiffed every shot. I got nothing for Darhk tho :shrug:

"I always wanted to be a stormtrooper."

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

8one6 posted:

The stormtroopers were told to let them escape.

Except it's not fan fiction, it's what actually happens in the film. Tarkin says "I'm taking an awful risk, Vader. This had better work." The awful risk being letting them escape.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Plastic Man.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Super Acquaintances.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

Roger Cross does not audition. Roger Cross does not do casting calls. Roger Cross shows up on set and the director yells ACTION

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Rhyno posted:

So, Andromeda?

No, she's on Arrow, now.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Dracorion posted:

I'm going to assume the reason Merlyn was barely in this episode is because he actually physically travelled into the musical dream sequence in the Flash/Supergirl crossover.

Well, and he had to travel into the past to broker a deal for Ivan Drago over on Arrow.

Was Barrowman on Supergirl this week? Have we reached full Barrowman saturation?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Burning_Monk posted:

The suit is very powerful, but Ray everyone in the show is a constant gently caress-up.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
That shot when Felicity broke her ankle made me shout loudly. drat, that looked painful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Surely you mean Rory Regan from Arrow!

• Locked thread