Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sara's new costume looks grimy all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

sbaldrick posted:

1.2 in the demo is pretty drat good in today's TV landscape and loving amazing for the CW.

The biggest problem is the CW seems to have too many shows they want to keep going at the moment.

Yeah but it's a premiere so it's not a useful number yet.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Lord Bude posted:

Michael Shanks did a good job in smallville. His hawkman was far better.

No he didn't. No he wasn't.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Binary Logic posted:

The Hawkcouple keep being killed not because of a curse but simply because their relationship creeps everyone out so much they have to be gotten rid of. And Hawk"girl" seems like a weird appellation for someone who is 4000 years old. Her partner is not Hawkboy.

But seriously, if they are immortal through soul resurrection or whatever, and they are traveling through time, they could meet themselves during their adventures and ask for or give themselves advice and remember that meeting when they return to the 'current' timeline :paradox: :derp: :science:

If you perceive ‘Hawkgirl’ as anything less than excellent, isn’t the real problem you?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You saw him for 30 seconds and the only thing he did was use a gun.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Anyone else watching on CTV?

The sound is completely hosed on my feed, music is wrecking any dialogue.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She's using batons, not swords.

Kesper North posted:

I'll forgive the Jefferson and Stein stuff completely as character development they didn't get a chance to pay off in the pilot, though I still feel it's a little sketchy character development for 2016.

This was still the pilot actually.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It would be cheaper and easier not to do it that way.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

XboxPants posted:

I'm quite used to giving campy shows like this a pass on some things just not making sense, and I'm perfectly willing to - I've been a fan of Flash and Arrow for years now - but jesus loving christ they are just making zero. effort. at. all. to justify why the team hasn't killed Vandal already.

Like holy poo poo, in this episode Rip and the team have taken out all the goons and have utterly defeated and incapacitated Savage and have him completely at their mercy. And then the show literally just cuts to the next scene with the heroes back on the ship trying to figure out how to find Savage. What the gently caress? Did we miss a scene?

loving come on writers, this show is otherwise quite good, and I'm willing to work with you if you give me literally any lame excuse at all, but you gotta give me something. They're surpassing bad writing at this point and moving into just straight-up basic continuity errors.

They aren't trying to kill him now. They're trying to prevent his rise.

They don't want to gently caress with time that much.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Feb 5, 2016

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

CaptainCrunch posted:

That cut was so jarring and so unforgivably badly written that it has utterly destroyed all interest I had in the show. It was actually bad enough to make me angry at a TV show. I think I'm done, I'm out, no more legends of tomorrow for me.

You should probably see a therapist.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Unfortunately they don't really use any of that in these shows.

She still does a lot of the same floppy women's wrestling style fighting that everyone else does. It's too bad she wasn't in that Arrow episode the stunt coordinator directed.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

BrianWilly posted:

No, that makes no sense. The Dominators were originally here because of the JSA, and they returned again specifically because of Flashpoint, which would've happened whether Cisco went back in time or not. The Dominator he saved didn't even know Cisco was a metahuman until they talked again, after the invasion started.

Cisco isn't on LoT, he doesn't know how time travel works.

He thinks it's BttF rules.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

lotus circle posted:

I can't recall that admittedly, but it's just a fact that gets overlook because J'onn isn't as popular as Supes. On a short list of DC heroes who can face Kryptonians with a fighting chance, J'onn is right up there because he has similar physical strengths and has extra powers that they don't. The only thing Kryptonians have to combat Martians is heat vision, since that's the big weakness.

Firestorm, Green Lantern using Silver Age logic, magicians, other overpowered aliens, Batman because he's Batman, and Black Canary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hollismason posted:

If my brother or family member was dead because of time poo poo fuckery there would never be a situation that I forgave that person.

It's dumb that Cisco is okay with it and they are friends again

Technically Barry killed the Barry that killed Cisco's brother.

He wiped out that jerk's timeline and replaced him.

• Locked thread