Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
"We go out for ONE LOUSY DRINK and you guys somehow manage to pick a fight with Boba Fett!"

I love you forever Wentworth Miller, you whiff now and again but your hits are astonishing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Man, the reviews had me so loving ready for this to be a disappointment, and while they're not wrong, the things they nail just hit me right in the special place.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Yeah but on the other hand (heh heh)

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

howe_sam posted:

They should've shown both parts of the pilot back to back, it would've flowed better.

They wanted the premiere bump for The 100, I can understand that.

But yeah, those two episodes were meant to be shown as a whole. Hawkman's death galvanizing the crew would've been a much better way to leave off the first impression, and that whole insane rant from Vandal Savage gives me a better sense of who he is as a villain and why we should give a poo poo about him beyond "He's Time Hitler."

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Normally I'd be rolling my eyes at the idea of cheering over a character death, but my god, Hawkman was that poorly conceived. What should've been a playfully romantic mentorship instead turned into a creepy, patronizing mess, even after Hawkgirl called it out as such. Because of this, as a galvanizing moment that pushes the team to work together, it feels empty, as does that tragic beat of Hawkgirl finally remembering everything moments after his death.

On the other hand though, now that all that bullshit's out of the way, the show's more likely to recover and get to the poo poo it actually knows how to do well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
I choose to believe that Hawkman was just an rear end in a top hat who always thought he knew better than Kendra, and Kendra was just too far in over her head to realize how wrong he was about the dagger. It hurts the story in the sense of "Why does Kendra keep falling in love with this rear end in a top hat?" and "Why is everyone galvanized by this rear end in a top hat's dumb rear end in a top hat death?", but it sure explains how stupid they were about who should be wielding the dagger.

• Locked thread