Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The good ol' US of A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
america love it or leave it

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Back to Back World War Champs

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Good morning fellow Americans., Great morning here in the good ol' US of A

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I woke up this morning, opened my front door and took a big ol whiff of freedom.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
There ain't no doubt I love this land

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Oh say can you see

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

so at other boot camps in the land of freedom did they have some gay ceremony prior to graduation after you completed a big obstacle course or whatever where they give you a new ball cap and everyone stands at attention while god bless the usa plays and half the recruits start crying?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Mr. Nice! posted:

so at other boot camps in the land of freedom did they have some gay ceremony prior to graduation after you completed a big obstacle course or whatever where they give you a new ball cap and everyone stands at attention while god bless the usa plays and half the recruits start crying?

No, but we did have a bunch of dudes break down the first Sunday they had us all go to church. I went to mass which had almost no fanfare at all, just a bunch of recruits saying the Lord's prayer and eating crackers then hearing some Spanish LCpl sing some hymn I'd never heard before. But we came out and all the one's who went to the non-denominational protestant poo poo were all teary eyed from lovely Christian rock power ballads

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Booblord Zagats posted:

No, but we did have a bunch of dudes break down the first Sunday they had us all go to church. I went to mass which had almost no fanfare at all, just a bunch of recruits saying the Lord's prayer and eating crackers then hearing some Spanish LCpl sing some hymn I'd never heard before. But we came out and all the one's who went to the non-denominational protestant poo poo were all teary eyed from lovely Christian rock power ballads

There any Jews?

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Booblord Zagats posted:

They made us watch clips of The Patriot when I went. It was awful. That and that terrible Toby Keith song about a boot in your rear end or whatever.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I don't know what they do after the current iteration of battlestations at navy bootcamp these days, but back in the day when we used to have to run around base all night singing cadence (except along the stretch of the base that neighbors some land oprah owns or something) they stack you all in a room the next morning, take away your recruit ballcap, and give you that says navy on it while patriotic music plays.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

gfanikf posted:

There any Jews?

Not in my platoon, but all the Jews, Buddists and Muslims had was an unsupervised prayer time in the classrooms near the Chaplain's office or they could just read the newspaper next to their rack while the rest of us were gone.

I became a rack reader after week 4

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

We had a lame ceremony the day before graduation where they gave each of us a coin, and they stopped calling us trainees and started calling us airmen.

Re: crying. The first Sunday of basic, we went to the chapel for the religious services briefing. I was amazed by how many dudes broke down when they made us watch the.music video for Letters From War.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uuvbBwsMTgI

Phone posting with a browser, so I don't know if this link works.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I went to the church the first day and fell asleep. After that I stayed in the barracks and slept. G*d bless :911:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Booblord Zagats posted:

Not in my platoon, but all the Jews, Buddists and Muslims had was an unsupervised prayer time in the classrooms near the Chaplain's office or they could just read the newspaper next to their rack while the rest of us were gone.

I became a rack reader after week 4
Sounds like a plan.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

on our 20-30k *dont remember because its been nearly 10 years* ruck back from our 5 day FTX at cav scout OSUT, as we hit the barracks area in the middle of the lawn they had set up an area where the Troop Co. was standing on some small stage but they had two loudspeakers blasting "For Those About to Rock". It was super gay and a majority of people were excited because we were done with training and ready to graduate, and the music symbolized being done with that god awful ruck.

After that we had a bunch of civilians meet with us and be all patriotic and poo poo but were merely trying to figure out if we had drill sergeants beating us, since we had one who got relieved of his command for choking out a kid...Briefly. And I think within the regiment some dude ended up with a broken bone at the expense of a drill sergeant.

Aside from that, america is loving awesome and gently caress the haters we're gonna keep making sick rear end music with dank beats and awesome bass drops so if you don't like it suck my freedom shooting dick from behind.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
If you didn't spend what little "free" time you had on Sundays dreaming up lists of foods with the dudes in your bay, then what the gently caress kind of basic did you have?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhnUgAaea4M

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
America washes its eggs like this. Europe washes its eggs like...they don't even wash their eggs, man. You buy that egg with poo poo on the shell. poo poo. On the shell.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Several retards in my class rose to attention when the Tops In Blue guy started singing "Proud to be an American" like it was the national anthem or some poo poo. I guess if you're white and from Mississippi, it's that or "Dixieland."

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The most "'MURICA" thing we did in basic was when they gave us our dogtags at the end of BEAST "play a soldier" week.

They got us in formation in full fuckin' battle rattle, and when we about- faced they'd lowered a fuckoff huge flag, started playing some random FUCKIN AMERICA YEEHAW country song and all the Sgts came out in front of the flag like we were re-enacting that scene from Patton

after that I sure did love my country, yessir

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
when we got back to our squadron they made us give our dogtags back until we graduated

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Basic training stories are the coolest.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Haha yeah, basic training stories ftw. Can't wait to hear all about those wacky drill sergeants.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
And THEN we had to do SO MANY PUSHUPS that the walls BLED.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

you guys don't understand, I saved an entire platoon from heat stroke and was awarded a silver star with V device for my courageous acts of valor in basic.

So many heat casualties *1000 mile stare*

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
and then everybody clapped

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
And that drill sergeant...was Albert Einstein!

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
In boot I stood look out while my rack mate took an upper decker in another platoon's DI hut

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I went to church for like the first 2 weeks in bootcamp, then some weird evangelical people showed up and wanted us to fill out some questionnaire about how we found god or some poo poo. Creeped me the gently caress out, so I never went again. Then I just spent my sunday mornings tightening my rack sleeping under my rack.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

How did this turn in to the dumb basic stories thread? There was so much potential.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
prolly a buncha big city liberals if you ask me

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
blame meowlins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6J1ctr877qs

:patriot:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

*rams barricaded door loudly*

*tosses an m80 after it*

I'm sure that confused them, gj man lol. Goddamn I love that video.

e- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bLWYkULbuk <---- when you see it you'll crack up

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Not enough civcas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPGyt3ZDv2Y

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
gently caress you we kill who we want, we're America. Bitches.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

This thread is giving me such hard freedom boners, I hope a bald eagle lands on all 3 inches of this rock hard 'merica boner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeoHcB9_wss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2G9U2tnMhsk

Seizure Meat fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Jan 23, 2016

• Locked thread