Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Ah, fantastic! Not only a cool game, but I'll be able to keep up with it much better than previous ones. This is the best news of my week, bar none.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

and if they don't dance,

Dooky Dingo posted:

Also, is anyone else slightly horrified by the concept that the things that Yoshi puts into the eggs are STILL ALIVE? Just... trapped in there. Forever.

At least some of them just drop off the screen with some vague, undefined chance to break free. In Yoshi's Story they loving explode into fireworks suddenly.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

and if they don't dance,

Leavemywife posted:

Hey, everybody, we've finished off the first world of Yoshi's Island!

You sir are grossly incompetent. :colbert:

I was around when my best friend first rented this and we lost our minds on Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy. Probably half an hour of just running into the things and laughing our heads off. We were in 5th grade, so we at least had the excuse of being dumb little kids.

So I was trying to find an incarnation of the Athletic Theme I liked more than others to post here and I think I found a winner:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_fqxKwVSJM

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

and if they don't dance,

I was actually looking for that first video, but instead only found the second one and then floppies. It's just such a jaunty, fun song.

Lizard Wizard posted:

There's a reason keys are in flower pots: the word for a flower pot is かき (kaki), while the word for a key is かぎ (kagi).

That's fantastic! I always wondered what the deal with that was.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

and if they don't dance,

Leavemywife posted:

Someone asked me why I wasn't doing the GBA version, and I told them I'd played the SNES version a lot more (in fact, I've never touched the GBA version; I have the DS version on the WiiU, but I hate the interface for how they do DS games, so haven't played much), and now I have a second reason not to do the GBA version.

And some of the sounds being wonky. And I want to say the fuzzy effect was changed for the worse, but I'm not certain that's an actual change that happened.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

and if they don't dance,

Leavemywife posted:

Hey, folks, I'll be recording commentary for the next video tomorrow. Since I've been through a couple of videos and haven't asked the thread at large, how are the videos? Are you all enjoying them? I know I had some audio sync issues early on, but I think I've got those sorted out. Is there anything different I could do? Is there anything different you'd like to see?

Besides me 100% all levels in a video, that is.

I've been liking them so far, so that covers 100% of your important audience. :colbert:

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

and if they don't dance,

Look at this and how little this guy cares about all of us. Acting like wuv is more important than videos of a 20 year-old game.

But seriously, congrats, duder.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

and if they don't dance,

Leavemywife posted:

That's right, folks, I got married and posted a video the next day!

Only because Mrs. Leave had to go to work and I didn't have much else to do with my day. Thanks to Silver Falcon for helping me kill time!

I never thought about it until you guys started talking about it, but I just realized that my brain completely changes over between XBox button layout and Nintendo button layout depending on whether I'm sitting in front of a computer or a console. But yeah, DS4Windows makes using a DS4 controller great on a PC, especially if you can dig up a bluetooth dongle that works right with the controller.

Also, it seemed like the commentary was a little quiet in this video.

Since you mentioned Keesh, one thing I know for a fact is that he's better at stealing cars than someone who shall remain nameless. Why yes, I still had that video saved. :v:

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

and if they don't dance,

Leavemywife posted:

To (hopefully) distract you all from Explosionface's video of my terrible driving, have the second video for World 3!

With that said, I have guests up through World 4. Keeshhound will be joining me for World 4, and I think I have guests for World 5 and 6, at least. However, that leaves 7 and 8. If you are interested in joining for either of those worlds, just let me know. Hell, now that I think of it, I could probably do two guests for a world. But, at the moment, that's neither here nor there, since I'm still looking for some guests.

Silver's reaction at the end was the best thing. :allears:

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

and if they don't dance,

I haven't watched the whole video what with the whole work thing, but it did look pretty bad. I had to double check that it was at 720p because I thought it was giving me something much lower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

and if they don't dance,

Sad news, but as always, if you're not enjoying it, don't do it.

• Locked thread