Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Oh man, this game. This was one of my favorite games from my childhood, and Yoshi remains my favorite Mario character. Nintendo hasn't really managed to match this game in terms of aesthetic and quality until Yoshi's Woolly World, in my opinion. I manage some sick trick shots in WW thanks to the skills I honed in this game.

EDIT: Oh, and the blue guys are indeed called Bandits and that bonus music is the Wing Cap music from Mario 64 but it's also been the Starman/Invincibility music since forever.

Silver Falcon fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jan 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Leavemywife posted:

Someone asked me why I wasn't doing the GBA version, and I told them I'd played the SNES version a lot more (in fact, I've never touched the GBA version; I have the DS version on the WiiU, but I hate the interface for how they do DS games, so haven't played much), and now I have a second reason not to do the GBA version.

I could never get used to the new Yoshi noises they introduced as of Yoshi's Story. The GBA version of this game uses those newer sounds. I've gotten used to the way Yoshi sounds in Woolly World, but It just doesn't sound right in this game, drat it!

Kemix posted:

I would like to be the guy to point out, that in the GBA port of the game, they COMPLETELY washed out the colors on the hidden red coins. AKA: They were indistinguishable from regular coins, because gently caress you. So you either had A. The strategy guide right next to you the entire time (Which I did), B. Looked things up on GameFAQS, or C. Waited a few years for youtube to actually be a thing and look it up there.

You could also use the magnifying glass item if you're really stumped, which isn't that hard to get.

• Locked thread