Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Thought going into this episode we would get a stealth Mary Read reveal as one of the British soldiers. Maybe next season.

Love the build of the Long John Silver legend. It's been a great slow burner.

Also really happy that Blackbeard is apparently sticking around. Was wondering if they were going to have him taken out this episode.

Teek fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Mar 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I'm sure that will come in time if Treasure Island is to be believed.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Welp, another four and done Starz series:

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/07/20/black-sails-final-season-4-starz

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Yeah, historically the absent/shortened events which could have been covered in Spartacus seasons 3 and 4 would have enough material for at least a few more seasons. They just ended up cramming them all into together. It still worked, but some of those set pieces could have been made for interesting longer plots. I'll also agree with it having arguably one of the best season finales of all time.

As for Black Sails, I really was hoping we'd get a flash forward Treasure Island final season. Maybe we'll at least get a coda with old Billy Bones.

• Locked thread