Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Season premier seems to already be up in my Comcast on-demand. So there's that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Yeah, going historically, Ned Low doesn't even enter the scene until most of our historical characters are dead.

Edit: Man you ever try to spoiler something, but you're so on auto-pilot that you end up italicizing instead and feel like a jerk?

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

muscles like this? posted:

Speaking of historical stuff, I'm kind of surprised they still haven't introduced Mary Read yet considering how important she was to Anne and Jack. IRL she didn't start hanging out with them for another couple of years but she was active as a pirate at this time.

Mary Read joined Rackham's crew in drag and didn't out herself as female until Anne Bonny propositioned her, so I like to pretend she's actually been on the show for a while now and is just doing a really bang-up job crossdressing.

E: Mary is Joji. No one would ever suspect.

Nameless Pete fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Jan 27, 2016

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
I know it's dumb to cry historical inaccuracy on this show, but Spanish pieces of eight were made of silver, not gold. They should be doubloons.

On the subject, I know exchange rates are tricky when dealing with 300-year-old foreign currency, but how much money are Rackham and company actually sitting on?

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Real talk, though, this show needs some drat Mary Read in it. This is like if you had a tv show about Old West bank robbers and had just Butch Cassidy by his lonesome.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

Cat Hatter posted:

Do what I did and go watch Muppet Treasure Island. Keeps you from nitpicking character/plot differences.

I will vouch for this approach.

E: Assassin's Creed 4 will also improve the overall experience immensely. Much the same way AC2 helped me watch The Borgias without struggling to keep the characters straight in my head.

Nameless Pete fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Feb 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Wasn't ripping off, but much like on The Borgias, it's way easier to get into the show if you've played Assassin's Creed. I often have a difficult time starting out with TV shows with a ton of characters, so already knowing who Ben Hornigold is is a big help.

This same effect could be achieved through proper schooling, but that's for nerds. ...Or at least a marginally different subset of nerds from my own.

• Locked thread