Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

So, uh, who's in charge of Nassau in the present day? Is...is it a democratic group of colorful pirates and con artists? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Mouse Dresser posted:

Technically, Woodes Rogers once he gets there, but England has sent him to govern. In the mean time, yeah, it's a Pirate Playhouse.

Toby Stephens and Luke Arnold were loving amazing in this episode. #2 was a really intense episode, and I can only hope it keeps getting better this season.

I suppose what I'm asking is what ends up happening, historically, to Nassau. I don't remember much from a trip there when I was in grade school, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't still run by a loveable gang of whores and pirates. Is this Woodes Rogers the guy who ends up taking over the place?

I don't even know that I want to hear about all this. The end of Deadwood was such a downer.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Or, you know, say gently caress history and have the pirates of Nassau wage war against England and Spain, kill everyone in their way, blow up half the British fleet, and end the show with a democratic pirate council ruling over a free island.

It worked for Inglorious Basterds.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

JEEVES420 posted:

In the scene where he saves Vane he fires one of his pistols. Next scene when he is on the boat there are only two in his chest rig. I really dig the attention to detail like that in this show.

Why wouldn't he just tuck it back into his pocket?

Solice Kirsk posted:

I'm waiting for him to fight with lit fuses around his head. The guy certainly knew how to cut a terrifying image.

I'd like to see this too, because I read about it as a kid and I could never picture how it would even work. Seems like it'd be more distracting to Blackbeard than to anyone else.

• Locked thread