Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

The only thing that telegraphed Vane's death for me was the fact that Flint was captured the season finale prior and was saved because seeing Flint hang is a message that couldn't be sent. Just like Vane.

So the writers had the choice of being absolutely terrible and doing the same thing (but in reverse) or doing the less terrible thing and just killing off a directionless character. It didn't feel like they wrote themselves into a corner, but decided to kill off Vane and made his death as useful as they could for the plot, i.e. starting the revolt against GB.

e: This episode peaked early on, when Flint handbrake parallel parked his pirate ship onto the beach and pulled out his gats :captainpop:

Endless Trash fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Mar 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

The best show on television has a fifteen page thread. Another amazing season, I can't really express how sad I am that it's gone. All the pirates sitting at the round table at the end made me giddier than I care to admit.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

She's not actually French??????? :aaaaa:

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Her accent was just so impeccable and not irritatingly artificial and monotone I can't believe it.

• Locked thread