Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

This is season 3.

I think they were referring to The 100. I actually just started it on the recommendation of this thread. I'm.....not sure I'm on board yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah, I did too. The 100 is on season 3 now.

It's a shame the pilot loving sucked because a few episodes in it's gotten really good. If anyone is looking to kill time between episodes of BS this is a nice diversion to binge.

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

gohmak posted:

The 100 is terrible.

It's....ok. After the first few episodes it drops off.

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

Deakul posted:

This show being back has put me in an age of piracy/1600s-1700s kind of mood again, anyone know of any good podcasts that get in depth about the goings ons of the period?

Seconding this request if anyone knows anything. I am in love with Hardcore History and will need something when I blow through everything I have :(

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

etalian posted:

Check the video near the bottom of the review:
http://www.denofgeek.us/tv/black-sails/252443/black-sails-xx-review

It's a great making of video for how they did the practical effects behind the storm episode.

They ended up building two new practical sets just for the storm episode.

Now that I think about it I can't think of too many other things I've seen that come close to that sequence. It's really loving bonkers what they did.

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

Meowbot posted:

I made it a few episodes into this show and then completely fell off (like episode 9 or something) but keep hearing rumblings of it. How much better has the show got since season 1? I remember the art titties guy or whatever and that was good and the characters were enjoyable but then it got kind of stale ... has the show picked up steam and is really super good now? I don't hear about it from anyone but I see the news articles about the show and it seems that critics like the season so farf?

It gets amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

Man watching this shortly after watching the Walking Dead finale is just so crazy. How can one show be so loving good at wrapping this up when one of the most popular shows on TV is so bad at it. How this show doesn't have better ratings than the walking dead is amazing. Pirates are infinitely more interesting than zombies.

• Locked thread